Geoffrey Jackson of the GB to give a talk in Australia this weekend

by Julia Orwell 45 Replies latest jw friends

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

I went to that meeting. It was like any CO talk; plenty of jokes, one liners and back slapping but zero substance. I looked about a bit and saw everyone was smilling and laughing like they were watching some kind of brain dead sitcom. i've been in the true all my life ( and now i'm well over 50 ) and i cannot remember when we had a deep and original scriptural public talk. It just same old recycled meatoaf. It just shows to me that the society is running on empty.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A friend of mine who went said it was a lot of the same stuff just delivered differently. Interesting about the fashion industry: does that mean we should dress like this:

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Yes I went to this event same old same old, boring crap. When one of the speakers David Sinclair was talking and telling one liners others were laughing but I didn't find much of what he had to say amusing. Geoffrey Jackson on the other hand was far more entertaining. I was surprisedhow fast the 3 and a bit hours flew by. They also broadcast this to the Cook Islands as well as already mentioned New Zealand and as far west as Perth WA. They told us it was an historic event, fancy that? because it was broadcast over 5 different time zones wow, how fantastic! Lol

• obarac
    obarac

Maybe someone have audio recording of Jackson talk?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lozza Aussie: Geoffrey Jackson on the other hand was far more entertaining.

That is just what this religion needs, leaders that are comedians. It's rather appropriate seeing as they are a big joke!

• jgnat
    jgnat

We had a Zone meeting here in Canada too, so you can add another 5 1/2 time zones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit