• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is being piped into NZ as well.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh dear God you poor things.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Poor things?? It means I get an extra hour at the pub.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Sweet as! My hubby has forgotten the meeting is on at 12 instead of the usual time in the arvo so we could join you if we lived closer. Some elder will call in the morning to 'encourage' hubby to attend like he did last week and blow the ruse most likely.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Pull the plug on the phone

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's his mobile :(

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwfacts:

When he claimed to be anointed, at about 40, it seemed very strange to everyone. I guess I am now biased, but it seems to have been a strategic move to get onto the GB. He had already been on branch committees, and the only way up the corporate ladder was getting anointed.

I would love to ask him if he really believes what he preaches, though he would never truthfully answer. As with anyone raised a JW, he may have underlying doubts, but convinces himself it is true, and when he gives a talk he really knows how to "sell" the truth. He is not like Anthony Morris, his talks are motivational and great to listen to.

Or, to paraphrase... to make it as a JW, you need to be either delusional or manipulative.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Agreed. Jackson probably is a really decent guy with some strange delusions. Or a career Jw.

Btw this meeting is on in half an hour and hubby's making no moves to go. God bless him!

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

did hubby go? Mine went but he wasnt excited about a 3 1/2 hour meeting with our oldest. Our toddler was fast asleep at 1045, bless him, he will sleep at least 3 hours, poor baby isnt too well. I just enjoyed a glass of red with my lunch and read this awesome story - highly reccommend it Re: You just gotta read the story, Fade From the Truth, A Tale of Learning Then Unlearning the Beliefs of JWs

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Julia, what happened? Did you go? If so, how was it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit