Mormon ambush at Walmart

by jws 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

One thing to be said about the Mormons and their evengelistic methods, they do go out of their way to speak to people. The JWs, by contrast, seem fixated with tapping on the doors of empty houses -just as long as they are "out" in "service" and can enter "time" on that all-important Monthly Field Service Report slip.

If I HAD to belong to a religious group, it probably would be the LDS:

- just as long as there wasn't a loaded firearm handy, it which case I would shoot my bloody self instead!

Bill

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

One thing to be said about the Mormons and their evengelistic methods, they do go out of their way to speak to people. The JWs, by contrast, seem fixated with tapping on the doors of empty houses -just as long as they are "out" in "service" and can enter "time" on that all-important Monthly Field Service Report slip.

- just as long as there wasn't a loaded firearm handy, it which case I would shoot my bloody self instead!

Bill

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Bill

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yeah, but how do you really feel?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Sorry, folks:

- I am having problems with a virus that somehow snuck in, and managed to set my laptop on full-automatic fire!

If the "how do you really feel?" question was directed at me, I thought that I had made that plain i.e. extreme distrust of religion in any of its forms.

Bill.

• irondork
    irondork

jws: I asked them to seriously look into their beliefs.

I wonder if they have the same warning against digging too deep, asking too many questions, internet exploration. When you suggest to a Mormon to independently examine his or her own religious history, do apostate alarms go off?

• jws
    jws

@irondork: Both groups said they have researched the controversies and read both sides. Which I seriously doubt. I've been watching some stuff on YouTube and they have similar problems to the JWs. I believe anybody who seriously evaluates both sides will no longer be a Mormon. Unless having the right religion is not their main concern. ie. family, friends, etc., that they don't want to lose.

@Bunji Bill: I believe the how do you really feel comment was a joke about you posting so many times.

• jws
    jws

@Bunji Bill: Yes, they do seem more eager to do their work. Then again, they are typically young and from what I gather, it's something like a 2 year stint at the most and then they're done. In return, they get privileges. It's like a JW returning from Bethel service, women falling all over you, etc. I don't think you can get married in the temple if you haven't done your missionary work either. Although I'm not sure about that.

I remember a lot of eager JWs at first who then wore down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit