Question related to the digestive tract of carnivores

by geevee 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• geevee
    geevee

I was raised as a jw from about the age of 2, my parents were baptized when I was 5 years old.

I always liked the thought in the song about a young boy leading all of these once viscous animals, that are now tame...

In some of the reading I have done, the digestive tracts of carnivores..meat eaters has a highly acidic stomach, with a short small intestine and a short large intestine [bowel]. A lot of apes are frugivores [fruit eaters] less acid, long small intestine and longer bowel.

The question: Did God recreate these animals [carnivores] and change their digestive tracts after the Noachian flood so that they could eat meat [other creatures] as the jw's believe that these animals only ate straw [herbivores] before the flood and that he will restore their original herbivore digestive tract after Armageddon?

Somehow, I think that carnivores were created as such and that they will always be that way. Sure my cat eats grass for the sake of it's stomach but it really wants meat NOT veges or straw!

• Simon
    Simon

The "perfect design" of animals (creation by design) and how it worked when the WTS were claiming that predators learnt to kill from watching humans (i.e. animals learnt "sin") is one of the things that I raised with elders when they came to "help" me.

I remember thinking "what a moron* as one of them tried to explain how lions and cheetahs could really live off straw even now although apparently, they chose to starve to death if meat is not available because they have forgotten.

Something incredibly lame that made me thing - these are not even spiritual or knowledgable men, they are almost incapable of speech.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Have carnivorous animals evolved teeth for killing and tearing other animals or were they created that way?  If so why?  It's not easy for a cat to eat grass with fangs like that.

Why do spiders make webs?  Obviously to catch other insects that they can kill and eat.  Why did God create that ability if not to eat other insects? (assuming you believe in God)

Why are some plants carnivorous?

Actually, once you dump the belief in God and creation it all becomes crystal clear!

George

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Why did T. Rex have daggers for teeth? He was around before the flood.
  • geevee
    geevee

A while after we stopped attending [10 years this year] my wife's bother and wife went over to Thailand or somewhere where there are tigers that you can walk around and pat [obviously heavily drugged] and they were telling everyone how great it will be in the kingdom as they will be able to do this on a world wide scale and that these tigers ate grass.... It was just ridiculous!

Anyway you see my point! There was no recreation........................

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What about the wee little critters, like insects, spiders, bacteria, and viruses?   Are these little critters expected to flee from every blade of grass before the tiger eats his salad? And, whose to say that a plant isn't sacred?  Plants may not have fur or a brain, but they are living and move with the sun, grow, produce seeds, and have been shown to do complex math to avoid starvation.    Why should Jehovah God plants be eaten?

Seriously, I love it when I take a picture of a natural wild beast with a kill to my JW relatives.  They just shudder from it.   Blows their idealism.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Not to mention that we as humans require a balanced diet that includes some meats, or seafood etc... (Or at least vitamin supplements to replace these for those that choose to be vegetarian)

Also, human teeth....there are teeth that specifically assist in chewing meats

• millie210
    millie210
    there are tigers that you can walk around and pat [obviously heavily drugged] and they were telling everyone how great it will be in the kingdom as they will be able to do this on a world wide scale and that these tigers ate grass..

There has got to be a joke in there  somewhere - with the phrase "heavily drugged" - and the idea of anyone thinking that tigers would ever eat grass as a food source.  

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

"The question: Did God recreate these animals [carnivores] and change their digestive tracts after the Noachian flood so that they could eat meat [other creatures] as the jw's believe that these animals only ate straw [herbivores] before the flood and that he will restore their original herbivore digestive tract after Armageddon?"

Watchtower has sent mixed signals on this issue.

You might find the following two blog articles helpful. One contains a little recognized teaching coming from Watchtower. The other contains multiple references to scholarly information that most JWs are woefully unfamiliar with because Watchtower has meticulously avoided them. See:

Genesis and meat eating? 

Blood doctrine – thrown under the bus  

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    My dad was telling my little brother (about 8) how the animals in paradise will not eat each other. After looking up at the ceiling for a few seconds he asked, what are the buzzards going to eat? 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit