Islamic Scholars Schools Atheist's Video! Hyde Park London Debate. Please Help Tear His Logic up, please!

by PokerPlayerPhil 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

pokerplayerphil said

Hi, I watched this video and was greatly insulted by the tactics used by Islamic apologist who claims he can defeat any atheist or non monotheists through his basic logic. Where do you begin, might be interesting if Cofty debated this guy, No, I like Cofty and don't want him getting jumped by all the followers who fall for this guys logical errors.

His tactics are not that insulting cos he is following on from Descartes' reasoning - I think therefore I am. Imo this is the basic position the islamist is reasoning from.

• Laika
    Laika
    Listening to the nutters at Hyde Park is always a fun way to spend a Sunday morning. :)
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

what I liked about both debaters in that they were civil and listened to one another. Both used logic too. I've listened to it again and cannot find intellectual dishonesty any where - just great reasoning. Okay they both come to different conclusions and thats fine too - such is the nature of debate.

i found both debaters made intelligent points

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Nothing worse than a 'believer' arguing with someone who doesn't know enough about how science works. Does this fool think Oppenheimer split the atom just on the basis of his senses? There was no evaluation and critique of empirical data by a group of fellow scientists?

How have other scientists replicated his work then? They also just used their senses?

Muppets - both of them.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Hyde Park, I would enjoy listening to them debate with a few friends from JWN, just listening to a modern day Athens full of people telling stories, sharing philosophy as long as their peaceful. They get agitated in other videos when experienced debaters challenge them, this was one where he's not mad. Is Hyde Park still like this, is there water to feed the ducks if one does not feel like listening to people squabble over Existential things?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing religionists fail to accept and realize in their idealogical reasoning is the words they hold up with so much reverence and authority, were written by humanity subjected upon their own ignorance of the world in which they themselves lived in human history.

Human ignorance is a unarguable fact, participially when one studies ancient human civilizations.

Adhered to religionists today many times hurt humanity living today by trying to emulate those ancient social moral standards of those ancient civilizations, even the Muslims.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

One thing I would ask the Islamist is where he gets his idea of certainty from. The atheist seems comfortable with the idea of uncertainty and who also seems comfortable with science having limits.

As others have said here (and as the atheist himself asks in the video), how do we know for sure that the Islamist's understanding of God is correct. Surely as he is human too he is putting an empirical spin on his interpretations? And the Islamist's empirical spin could be coming from the certainty he observes in natural, physical phenomena like all of us.

I can just imagine lots of people being won over by the Islamist's passion and his debunking of anything that has limits and that has instability or uncertainty. For those of us who want to see change and for indeed for muslims who want to see change honesty and transparency are more important than certainty particularly when that certainty and stability stems from authority that has no or very little transparency and that must not be questioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit