AAWA ... It's not too late to change the name.... any suggestions?

by Calebs Airplane 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Well said Marvin!

I would also like to add my own experience:

We had this exact same issue over a Facebook page that was created with the best of intentions. People were ranting and raving and fuming and creating a HUGE issue over one word in the title. Finally, it was decided to create an entirely new group just to appease those individuals.

Do you know what happened?

Not ONE single person who went ballistic over the name has partcipated ONCE since they got their way. What does that tell you? To me, it speaks volumes.

It is very easy to criticize the efforts and decisions other people make. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate. And remember, nothing is stopping you from SHOWING everyone else why your way is the best.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My husband offers to name the baby of every pregnant woman in town. His latest favorites: Lamar, Courtney. Guess how many take his offer?

• SophieG
    SophieG

My suggestion was, start your own organization. Name it The Fluffy Bunny Organization of Really Nice People Who Politely Protest Against Perceived Misguided Policies By An Organization Whose Name Rhymes With Scotchflower.

ROFL!!!!!!

Sir82: I would like to let you know that I work in an open environment and almost crawled under my desk stifling my laughter with tears running down my face!!!! Touche

• *lost*
    *lost*

Calebs airplan - awh I'm sorry, truly, If I sounded grouchy and offended you. I was only messing about. Oops.

Marvin - excellent comment. thanks.

Voluntary work. lol - it is the hardest place to get people to help. I know the value of having volunteers on board. i also know how thin on the ground good dedicated people are.

I hope people can start to get behind it positively.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

no offense taken *lost* ... i'm enjoying a Nicaraguan Padron 64 poolside and watching my dog trying to get his tennis ball from the water... it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... but maybe I should get up from my comfortable chair and get his ball for him... sorry... what were we talking about again??..

• ingimar
    ingimar

Perhaps those of us who have never been a JW, don't put as much emphasis on this name thing. I am so tired of bickering over God's name! If my husband quotes "Hallowed be thy name" one more time to me, I am going to bonk him! I told him that I am going to refer to his Jehovah as "Bob" because Jehovah is a created name too. Let it go, name is not that important. What they accomplish is and the organizers will not waste any more time on this trivial name thing!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here here! Bob's as good a name as any other.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

CA, You will not get your way this time, buddy.

• LostGeneration
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Here here! Bob's as good a name as any other.

Actually, a better name would be ART.

"Our Father, who's ART in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. . . . . ."

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit