My friend from 40 Years ago

by Lady Lee 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I was a young JW and all the other young JWs were avoiding me because I was from "that family" I had one young girlfriend who didn't care. We were both not well liked so we hung out together. She was my maid of honor when I got married but we lost touch because soon after the wedding we moved to "where the need was great" to help set up another cong in our hall. It also didn't help that we lived almost 2 hours away and spent a lot of time communting. I spotted her once or twice after I left th eJWs but we really didn't talk much. Recently we reconnected and yesterday we got toghter. I had no idea what she would look like so I was really nervous when I got to the restaurant. I told them I was waiting for someone but I didn't know what she looked like. He asked me how we would know each other and I told him she may have seen a picture of me but we had not really seen each other for over 40 years. They were all amazed. They gave me a seat near the door and I sat and waited. I was too nervous to read so just kept looking at every car that went by and every person that walked in. Finally someone came in but only to the lobby. Then she turned to go back outside. I went over and asked if she was looking for me and oh wow It was like we were those 2 17-yrs olds again but this time with soooo much more to talk about; marriages divorcesm second marriages, children and grandchildren.

And then when we were finished the history we started on the JWs. She is angry at how they control people. No kidding. You want to know what I have been doing? and why? lol

Grace in case you are reading this, she asked about you and your family

Two hours and lunch went by so fast and I had to get back to my daughter's to get my ride home.

We will stay in touch now and I can't wait to see her again.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

What a wonderful reunion!

• moshe
    moshe

I am glad it worked out this way for you.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Nice to read that you reconnected and it went well. I just got in touch with a group of girls from when I was a tween. They have all left JW world, but I don't know each one's story yet. One lives a couple hours from me, we both moved far from home. I'm looking forward to seeing her over the summer. Her husband was an elder and left, too. It's been 22 years since we've seen each other.

Glad you had an enjoyable time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh LEE! Who the heck is it ??????? Great you could get to gether

• mouthy
    mouthy

Never Mind I know who it is L.F

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yup that's the one. Grace

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grace she could not believe what my mother was really like

• mouthy
    mouthy

I KNOW what your Mother was like I am so surprised your so smart. Clever,intelligent, kind,
    I MEAN ALL THAT GIRL!!!!! I often thnk of that pretty little slim lass out on the field at conventions
    doing the sign language ..... I was amazed!!!!!!!

I am SO happy your free from MIND CONTROL... LEEKeep up the good work

• humbled
    humbled

you women make me happy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit