How many ways....

by Lady Lee 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

The constant pressure to do more, give more.

Tearing families apart.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Guilt. The Watchtower is really good at making you feel guilty. No matter what you do, it's not enough. The last convention I went to, they said: Are you regular in service? If not, why not? If you are regular in service, can you auxiliary pioneer? If not, why not? If you auxiliary pioneer, can you regular pioneer? If not, why not? If you are a pioneer, can you special pioneer?

I just thought to myself, I wonder how they make the special pioneers feel guilty? I could see, for the first time, how manipulative it all was. It was one of many "a ha" moments for me that year.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you are a homosexual you are made to feel like a disgusting thing that doesn't deserve to live. I cannot imagine what it does to a person who is not heterosexual and has to sit and listen to this for years

If you are a UBM, the JW parent will tell your child that you will die at Armageddon

If you are a non-custodial parent who has left the witnesses your child will be told you are under the influence of Satan and they should not want to be with you for visitation.

They teach children to lie in courts about their non-witness activities so that the Witness parent looks like the well-rounded Witness that they aren't

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

I think the elduh arrangement is an insidious hurt. Although there are decent men who are sincere, the simple fact is the fear they often feel by being judged by their fellow eldurs hampers them to speak frankly. Although talking about your problems and or weaknesses can be beneficial the arrangement does many negative things.

1 it can often give a false impression of being helped mentally, emotionally and spiritually, given the fact that the elduhs are simply not trained to spot, identify and help complex human problems. And the solution they offer is often littlebetter than saying a few hail Mary's and our fathers.

2 whereas talking therapy is often done in an attempted non judgmental way. The private meetings with the elduhs are often complicated with the feelings of judgement that happens much of time.

3 honest self evaluation is often curtailed by not wanting to draw unwanted attention and discipline.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WTS tells members to not plan for the future. Just get by, no need for education, life insurance, retirement planning. The end is so close that such things will be unneeded.

WTS demands total devotion to them, ahead of: family, personal goals, fun, relaxation.

• flipper
    flipper

WT Society steals away and robs people of their critical thinking ability and steals their freedom of mind. JW's are told what to think, feel, say, and do in actions and thoughts so much so that they are automan robots unable to express TRUE, AUTHENTIC feelings and human emotions without feeling guilt or fear in doing so. It's disgusting. It's one of the big things that turns me off about my JW family till in the cult. But I realize they are mentally unstable due to the WT Society's influence

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

It screwed me out of having so many meaningful relationships with REAL friends when I was younger. They were "worldly" and I wouldn't allow myself to get too close to them. In my experience, worldly friends are sincere, loving, and kind... not because they "have to", but because they choose to. That's so much better than the judgmental hypocrisy among the "friends" at the Hall.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Secrecy - members are coerced to shun people for reasons they are never given.

aberations of justice - one punishment fits all crimes large or small

• clarity
    clarity

The way the watchtower fills their heads with `thought

stòppers`... `brain washing`, so it is almost impossible,

for actual truth to sink in!

When asked a question, they automatically produce the

watchtowers answers! Did you ever notice how instantly

these answers come spewing out.

This is how ..........................................*

Wiping the slate clean!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCnan8ODotU

clarity

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It pushes little kids to take a stand in front of their classmates and teachers regarding holidays and learning and standing for the national anthem or saluting flags. They are often required to sit in the hallway during these activities as if they were bad.

If forces women to live with their abusive husbands even when it means they or their children will continue to be beaten

It totally makes smart women feel bad for being smarter than half the men they know in the cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit