Why conservatives are losing

by free2beme 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

' A hippie's credo would be about freedom, love, nature; living off the land, something a hippie and a "good ol' boy" would value.'

I knew that, even as i wrote my comment. All this us and them stuff is like when people see things as black and white, right or wrong, firend or foe.

S

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I often think of conservatives as slimy reptilian lawyers, or priggish prune members of the anti sex league, and an odd lot assortment of the "I've got mine, to hell with you" club.

But that's just a stereotype.

Really, conservatives are losing because borrow and spend is not any more viable than tax and spend, and people are catching on to this.

• free2beme
    free2beme

The problem I see with "good old boys" is that they are too much about family values, heritage and so on. Not enough about education, politics and the law. Which liberal hippies have grasped and used their favor, while they hunt and ride their tractors with pride.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

As a fiscal conservative who now has mostly liberal social views, I really don't see "good ole boy" being a problem. Some people like to fish and hunt. Some like to hike. Some like four wheelers. Some like sports. Some like wine tasting.

The problem IMHO is intolerance, bred from religion, which takes its cue from that magical book of stories called the bible. I can't hardly stand it when I see the microphone shared with kooks who believe the earth is 6,000 years old and that they have imaginary friends and enemies flying around them.

Two parties aren't enough to represent all of the views in America, unfortunately both are so entrenched I don't see anything changing for decades.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

conservatives are losing because they didnt adapt to the changing of the nation.not modifying your views and allowing right wing nuts to hijack the party have left the republicans as the ridged party of no just because no is easier than trying to modify your message.Gun rights will never be taken away however getting a gun wil be a little harder due to the nut jobs running in malls and schools and killing everyone however conservatives will paint it as guns will be taken away from them...which makes them look like they are behind the times,rest assurd the last time the constitution was changed it led to a civil war,that won't happen again gun ownwership is here to stay.Another topic is gay marriage,there going to get the right to marry so as a conservatives they also need to pick there battles standing in the way of the tide that is gay marriage is almost like trying to catch a fart with your hands,the liberals have laid the groundwork for all of this liberal crap that is passing now a days conservatives need to do the same thing.Don't look at the 4 year plan,look at the 10 year of 20 year plan.i always thought i was like a semi conservative person,but this liberal agenda that is passing is scary illegals with licenses,gay marriage.......man reset the clock to 1984 for god's sake.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Two parties aren't enough to represent all of the views in America, unfortunately both are so entrenched I don't see anything changing for decades.

This is rather funny actually. There are only two viable parties. So if you aren't a homophobic bible thumping bigot, or a "free market" corporate zombie, you only have one choice. The Democrats. That is why they have had so much trouble winning over the last 35 years. They are a melting pot, whose issues are traditionally not monied. Currently the GOP has gone so far off the beam, that we are seeing a backlash. They have created a monster they can no longer control. The religious right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit