Do You Fully Support "Obamacare"?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Wow! Barrold Bonds..... What a tool.

This all should have been implemented a long time ago, it would have been so much easier to carry out. Now it just seems like a giant fustercluck.

Doctors deserve to be paid whatever they can get for their work. Yes Barrold, even psychotherapists. It's not 1952 anymore, your disbelief in these types of therapies is no longer reasonable. There is no excuse to be so ignorant in this day and age.

TBH the US is fucked anyway, might as well get some healthcare outta the deal. If it didn't get done under the Obama admin, it might have taken another decade or more. Think about how much more difficult it will be then, when the US is even more broke.

• Elizabeth123
    Elizabeth123

Im for it

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Sooner7nc- are you learning to play the banjo with your two remaining front teeth

The Guitjo actually. It's makes a deeper sound than the standard Banjo.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There will always be people who want to be lazy and mooch of of others.

And apparently there will always be people so eaten up by this fact that they cannot get past it (like a speed bump) to the bigger picture, compounding the problem into a much bigger one.

"There are people ripping off the system! - let's all just lie down and die."

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I like the concept. Doubt I will like the reality. Affordable healthcare..YES!! Obamacare.....hummm...wait and see.

I think the first 3 years will be a total disaster...everyone who hasn't been to the doctor will bury providers with freshly diagnosed illness. Cheap ass employers will cut back hours.

• free2beme
    free2beme

The fact of it all is this ... it is law now. So deal! The tools who held up signs on you tube to say it changed their life, right after signed, were tools! As none of the changes they 'noted' has gone in to affect yet and they were just political tools. So many crazy things are happening from this law, but if you like the passion and not the facts. It is the law for you!

• JeffT
    JeffT

The existence of people like Barrold Bonds may change my opinion on free birth control.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It does not address the real problem, it just spreads the costs around.

The real problem is that doctors and hospitals charge too darn much.

There are reasons for that:

1. student loans they have to pay off.

2. Malpractice insurance.

3. supply and demand.

1. Government should do something about the cost of education.

2. Government should do something about lawsuits and malpractice insurance.

3. People shouldn't go to the doctor so much. Just a little squirt of bactine and everything is fine. With demand down, prices will drop.

• designs
    designs

Rattigan- remember in the movie 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' the bride's father, played by Michael Constantine says 'windex will cure anything'

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I never supported it because when I was investigating its merits I could not find out the answer to the one question I had, which is what were the results of the pilot programs where it was tested.

So it passed anyway.

Now I find out I don't qualify for Obamacare, so I am pretty much in the position where I started. I won't know if it will raise my costs or lower them until I go to a doctor, and even then I won't know for sure what my costs would have been if there were no Obamacare. It's all a fusterclucking mystery to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit