been a while, it has

by chickpea 14 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

i will send the link to my manager and see what he thinks... our primary intent for the ravines is mushroom cultivation... shitake and oyster varieties

• Heaven
    Heaven

chickpea, it is so good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and your son have been doing.

I too am very interested in Permaculture. I haven't done a PDC, just reading books and have some DVDs. I have Bill Mollison's Designer book and it is quite extension. One day I'd love to do a PDC but not sure when or where.

I love Geoff Lawton's "Greening the Desert" video.

I love the way Sepp Holzer has created micro-climates and grows cherries and citrus trees on a mountainside that gets snow! I love the 'no dig' method of gardening. I created a couple of small Hugelkultur beds last year and enjoyed lettuces, spinach, and beet greens right up until late November. I think having the one bed next to the house on the sheltered, south side has created a micro-climate that does not frost as quickly as other areas of my backyard. My sage in my other small garden stayed green throughout much of the winter, even after it had been completed covered in snow.

Your geldings can also be used as transportation and for recreation. Their molting hair can be used by birds and animals as nesting material. And of course, chickens are pest controllers and shredding machines for preparing gardens. I recently read an article that the Indian Runner Duck is one of the best breeds for slug control as these ducks don't tend to want to eat the plants in the garden (I am a regular visitor of the Australian Permaculture Research Institute's website and love reading the articles there).

I love the idea of the rocket stove/mass heaters and am awaiting the arrival of a DVD currently in production.

Would love to see some pictures of your project if you wish to post them.

• chickpea
    chickpea

heaven, you have a PM

• Heaven
    Heaven

chickpea, thank you. I have replied to your PM.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Nice update, thanks for sharing such positive news

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit