been a while, it has

by chickpea 14 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

soooo i fired up the interwebs to come looking for the date of the memorial, as a dear friend who stood by me through those crazy and sadly wasted years in dub-dumb mentioned she had seen a still faithful member at the library... she said he invited her to "the world wide memorial" .... and i was pretty sure that there had been a full moon yada yada and the memorial had come and gone....

i ended up coming back here to verify and realized she must have been asked to that lame ass event where "the same talk is given from every platform" and ooooh how fired up can you be about virtually nothing?

anyway, nice to see the place is still rockin' and that there is a continuity of personnel (that means old timers!) to assist the multitudes who are finally becoming AWAKE to the scam... i think i hung out here for about 3-4 years being pissed and delighting in the evisceration of that heartless mutha... now, frankly, i don't give a rat's ass about any of it... except to feel genuine pangs for those who struggle with family still in and all the heartache and distress that generates.... that being the main reason i will always loudly decry, denigrate and denouce the cult as a cult, no matter who is asking or telling me anything about the it

just the highlights and i am off again...

• my youngest child, a female to male (FtM) transgender man, is nearly two years into his hormone replacement therapy and very anchored in his transition... (turns 20 this summer!) his voice is so deep and his laughter genuinely melodious!
    • i am so far removed from the cult and its membership that i find more often than not i cannot conjure names! funniest one was a guy named "mike"... the same name as my husband .... took me 3 days to actually recall (we were attending the same tech college, so i saw him regularly)
    • i completed an AAS and also a therapetic massage program leading to becoming aLMT
    • we are converting our 5+ acres of rural residential property to a permaculture site, planning to grow sustainable food crops and use this 5 bedroom house as a teaching/intern facility... we have our permits from the city for 2 mini geldings and 24 chickens... the quail arent considered poultry, just fowl!
    • the question that has long plagued me, as to how could ANY thinking, reasonably intelligent person deliberately engage cognitive dissonance and decide to join a cult and drag their family in with them has been answered to my satisfaction through extensive psychotherapy for PTSD... said my therapist to me, when i asked that question, and i answered her questions about the hows and whats, "your motivation stemmed from the experiences of an abusive history where you had no safety... they told you they could keep your children safe from destruction..." (in case you missed it, they lied)

life is hard in these times, but life is good... i am beyond glad that i woke up from the delusion and now fully embrace this one sure life with all the attendant joys and sorrows... i sincerely hope all of you are somewhere in that neighbourhood!

faithlessly yours

chickpea

• happy@last
    happy@last

Thanks for dropping by, it sounds an exciting time in your life, and it is just that, your life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, that's quite the life you are leading. What are the geldings for?

• flipper
    flipper

CHICKPEA- Nice to hear from you again ! Sounds like your life has been a busy one and you have your freedom of mind ! That is the one thing I think I value the most after exiting the cult 9 years ago. I'm glad you are doing a permaculture farm. My son got his degree in a permaculture college out here in California and I'll tell ya, that young man can grow anything, anywhere ! If you got lost in the woods, you'd want to be with him , he could feed everybody off the land as he knows ALL the wild food possibilities ! LOL ! Anyway- nice to hear from you, hope all is well ! Wife and I are doin' great. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Chickpea - So wonderful to hear from you. I have thought of you often and wondered how you have been. You were one of my first friends over at JW Recovery when I first started exiting :) so I have always felt a connection. I have become good friends with a transgender in Minneapolis (Male to Female) and through her I have met many wonderful transgender people. This has really opened my eyes to a lovely group of people that are very much misunderstood. Very happy you are well. Take care!!!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for stopping in!

It's always great to hear about how others are embracing life post-JW.

All the best to you and yours.

om

• chickpea
    chickpea

hello back to each and every!

jgnat, we have the geldings (and chickens for that matter) to produce manure... a principle in permaculture is to build soil up rather than dig into it, so my first winter with the wee boys, noble and banjo, has been spent harvesting the gelding gold! eventually, they will be cart trained as the food forest is developed across the 5 acres (with 4 ravines!) in order for them to do some of the hauling... plus they will be great PR at the local farmers' market and in local events and parades, if it turns out they are tempermentally suited

ahoy, flipper... i am literally one of the world's oldest interns, learning from the ground up (pun intended)in the capable hands of a mid 30's fellow who has been at this permaculture thing for better than a decade... we are SO excited about the venture... sickened unto death by the corporate hijacking of nutrition and corruption of food, ffs! we are dedicated to resilient, sustainable food production and quality of life for our livestock and poultry

hey magwitch! i do indeed remember you... and funnily enough, my oldest son lives in mpls proper, the nordeast! the youngest will be heading there within the year... we are about 4 hours north on the southshore of lake superior... might see you sometime if you venture toward the lake...

om.... aint it grand, this living life thing..

• mind blown
    mind blown

THANK YOU for posting Alwasys great to hear the new year is bringing awesome new beginings

• cofty
    cofty

Great to hear you are doing well chickpea.

The permaculture sounds like a fascinating venture, good luck with that. Kudos for supporting your youngest in his transition.

Best wishes

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you have ravines, do me a favor and plant an Apios Americana. It likes moist, rich soil like in a sheltered spot by a creek. http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.php/articles/article/458/

Apios Americana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit