How long does it take to get reinstated ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I was think about getting reinstated, and then do a fade right after because of family ties.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How long it takes is entirely up to the discretion of the elders and how repentant they think you are. Did you seriously annoy them? It could take longer. Six months minimum, two letters minimum, and two elder's meetings.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Depends on how sadistic the elders at your particular hall are. Do you have connections or family ties with any of the higher ups that might be made to look better should you return? Or, are they against you? I remember seeing the same elder's son get DF'd and reisnstated 3 different times in 3 years. He'd be gone for a couple of months and then be back to meeting. 2 weeks later, they announce he's a JW again. On the other hand, I saw an old lady who got DF'd for smoking get put off for months and months after kicking her habit. I think they just liked to see her grovel. She'd sit in the back row and cry at every meeting. She never missed meetings while she was DF'd at all.

Also, depends on how good you are at faking how sorry you are. I myself could never ever do it.

Good Luck!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The answer is.......It all depends....

What the nature of your "sins" were....ie if they had any sympathy for you .

The make-up of the committee

After ,say, three months of 100% regular meeting attendance and impeccable behaviour at the Hall...let them see your books boldly underlined, dress the part...there is nothing lost in applying for a re instatement hearing . They will probably say to keep coming along as you are but hopefully you will get a target date.

When you have the hearing , they want to hear absolute grovelling repentance and a resolve to really make "The Truth " your own from now on. It is your relationship with Jehovah etc etc......

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It usually depends on how long your father has been an elder and how much of a brown noser he is.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This just depends. When I was an elder, a year of displaying a "repentant" attitude was the goal. A letter to the elders is necessary. Stating that you are sorry for the wrong and that the wrong is no longer happening is essential. Also saying that you continually pray about the matter and about how it affected your heavenly Father is good. Always be agreeable with the elders, no matter what they say.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Well here 's the story I've moved 70 miles north of Los Angeles, so I don't know how that works. Plus I cussed out the Coordinator of the Body of Elders, so I know there gonna do a "Carl Ford" on ( read my past stories to see who Carl Ford is ) me and waste my time . My father told me that they won't do this, and if that they turn me down three times then the new congregations can reinstate me and overule the old congregations. I don't think thats true at all.

• sir82
    sir82
    if that they turn me down three times then the new congregations can reinstate me and overule the old congregations.

The congregation that disfellowshipped you is the only one that can reinstate you.

If you move to a new congregation, that new congregation can write a letter to your old congregation recommending your reinstatement.

90% of the time the old congregation does what the new congregation recommends.

But if the elders from your judicial committee remain in the old congregation, and they remember you, they can turn down the recommendation once, twice, 187 times if they choose to.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    The congregation that disfellowshipped you is the only one that can reinstate you.

If you move to a new congregation, that new congregation can write a letter to your old congregation recommending your reinstatement.

I know this is true because my older brother was recently reinstated, and he had to do that.
    90% of the time the old congregation does what the new congregation recommends.

Here's the problem elders are people too, and I don't want to waste a years time, and get rejected; I know that they automatically turn down the first letter, but they shouldn't turn down the second letter.
    But if the elders from your judicial committee remain in the old congregation, and they remember you, they can turn down the recommendation once, twice, 187 times if they choose to.

If they do that, I'll quit, but my plan was just to get reinstated and fade anyway.
  • sir82
    sir82
    they shouldn't turn down the second letter.

The elders on a judicial committee can do anything they damn well please, so long as it is within the "rules" the elder manual says.

They can turn down reinstatement requests indefinitely if they choose to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit