What Is Security Like At The Bethel Compound ?

by frankiespeakin 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just currious, when I was there you could sneak in but now security is a lot tighter.

• metaspy
    metaspy

They have RFID cards now. You can only get in buildings you have authorization in.

• label licker
    label licker

Along with those cards they have cameras all over the property along with guard dogs. (shepherds) Even at their pioneer homes in foreign countries have guard dogs.

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Wow I was cleaning my key board and forgot I was posting something a while ago.

Seems like the Governing Body is getting a bit nervous about security. Probably because the internet exposure is so great they don't venture out much past the compounds wall of protection. No more advertising in advance any talks the GB are going to give, they are too afraid who might show up.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I wonder how easy it is to infiltrate though, just stand by a reasonably busy door, well dressed in a white shirt and a slim tie - ah brother, I forgot my ID card inside, would you mind letting me in, thanks, see you later brother.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

The American bethels all have ID cards with chips in them that can open doors. Here's what mine looked like (the blurred text is just the addresses for Wallkill, Paterson, and Brookyln), it displays your picture and your name. The card works at all three sites and is also used to access the locked parking lots nearby Brooklyn Bethel. You have to turn it in to the Home Office when you leave as well, that's just a pic I took of it when I had it.

@Anony Mous: I was thinking of this the other day, but I am pretty sure its impossible. When you enter the lobby, a tour guide/front desk person has to unlock the doors to enter the facility. There's no way an outsider can enter without a card. Its the same way in the Canada Bethel, the front desk people push a button to unlock the doors to enter the facility. There's a slim chance you could get in through the doors by the residences in Wallkill if you walk in with someone else, but its way too risky IMO.

There were a few cameras in Wallkill, and I think there are some around Canada Bethel. And yes they do have guard dogs, at least I know Canada Bethel has 1 or 2 now, think they were both German Shepherds. Also, security often has a truck or two (or more now) driving around the property. Some guys get called in to do a "walkabout" during nights where they have to walk around the facility during the night, it was pretty boring from what I hear and I remember one guy saying he got in trouble because he stayed in the printery too long during his walkabout (you have to carry a radio/walkie talkie with you too).

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah I remember the all night guard duty for the brothers and finding the keys as you make the rounds that was a bummer job finding all the little nooks and crannies where they hid them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit