The resurrection fantasy, the last desperate illusion?

by Slidin Fast 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

This is a very poignant thread. I just realized that those pictures of welcoming back a resurrected loved one at a grave site means that everyone would be standing ontop of the remains of their dead loved one. Imagine, being resurrected and digging up the grave site to see your own dead remains. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thanks for all your contributions. I am afraid I slept through most of them. Being in Europe I am out of synch with most contributors.

I find the difference between a clone and a copy interesting, I think that if you are a believer it carries little significance. Basically you have a basic cosy idea and you sprinkle fairy dust over it so that the glitches and anomalies are healed up and give the golden glow at funerals.

The problem for me though is similar to the conception nightmare. There was a race between countless spermatozoa to fuse with the ovum that became me. What if another one had won? There would have been someone else walking the Earth in my place, born in the same town to the same parents with the same siblings but it would not be me. In the WT resurrection, there will be someone walking in my shoes, in my image, saying my (apostate) words but he will not be me. I will be dead.

Here are another couple of spanners in the works, the ones that set me thinking.

Jesus’ resurrection:

1. He was materialised in an unrecognisable body, why? He was perfect as a man, why change his appearance?

2. He was materialised with the wounds of the nails in his hands, why? Does this mean that people will be resurrected with bits missing? The WT teaches that we will be resurrected with our missing bits restored; the illnesses that finished us off will be cured. Wait a minute though that can’t be right we would be perfect, whoa, no, no, no. OK all repaired but not perfect that’s right. Check it out, Insight, Resurrection.

It all gets like a fairy story, Snow White and the seven dwarves. Believe it if you want, I don’t buy it.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The oft depiction of welcoming back dead loved ones during the 1000-year reign is a false teaching of JWs! There is no resurrection at all during the 1000-year reign. Plus it makes no sense!

For one, those who come back are both the righteous and the unrighteous and are described as coming back after Satan has been killed in the lake of fire! That is, to introduce the second resurrection during the 1000-year reign means you have to consider that reference out of chronological order, which it is not. Further, it is clear those who come back are judged out of "books" that are opened and some are already written in the book of life! these books merely represent the moral choices made during their previous life. This could be based on their belief system or their own conscience. This contradicts the WTS' notion that these would come back to learn about Jehovah fully and then after knowing his will fully would be judged based on that. Not so.

NOT AN ILLUSION: Among the elect, we know the first resurrection, which must take place while Christ is still in heavne as Michael the archangel and thus just before his 2nd coming where he becomes flesh again, has already taken place, that is, just prior to late 1992. The description of the 1st resurrection is found at 1 Corinthians 15 where it notes the resurrected are like "seeds" that are sown into imperfect bodies, one seed per body. These imperfect bodies, however, are living imperfect bodies of other elect ones! Thus one resurrected person shares the body and identity of a modern individual. This is so brilliant! It not only makes the 1st resurrection invisible, it also means there is no lost time educating and orientating those resurrected to the modern world! There is also not the issue of how to take care of them, feed them, etc. while still keeping their resurrection secret!

So the 1st resurrection has already occurred. In fact, I know the new identities for two Biblical persons, that of Daniel and that of the Apostle Peter! So that's the reality. It's not a fantasy, even though the WTS' concept of the resurrection is indeed a fantasy because they are clueless as to the details of how it works.

Now for those who are actually interested, I refer you to 1 Thess 4:15-18 where it is clear that no one precedes anyone else to their heavenly reward. Instead, the dead rise first and then afterward, all the elect, those resurrected and those who are alive when Christ arrives will be changed. So if ALL, TOGETHER are changed from physical to spiritual, then that means the first phase of the 1st resurrection has to be back into a physical body -- which is exactly what 1 Corinthians 15 tells us... first is the physical, then the spiritual! Only thing is, the resurrected are in physical bodies along with modern elect ones for the time just before Armageddon and then for the entire 1000-year reign, then for Satan's final test, then after that for Judgment Day and the 2nd resurrection. Then after Death itself is cast into the lake of fire, then is when the elect, having done their work in the earth, will become angelic creatures in heaven, joining Christ in the air who was also in a physical body all during this time.

The WTS is in spiritual darkness. Those who are close to the kingdom maneuvers now are also experiencing some of these prophesied events, such as the 1st resurrection into the bodies of modern elect ones.

• pixel
    pixel

" This is a very poignant thread. I just realized that those pictures of welcoming back a resurrected loved one at a grave site means that everyone would be standing ontop of the remains of their dead loved one. Imagine, being resurrected and digging up the grave site to see your own dead remains. Talk about cognitive dissonance."

That's creepy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit