Part 2 of the 2013 Conti and Simons interview now on YouTube (questions posed by JWN members)

by cedars 54 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks rip, I've got the transcript! A subtitled version is on the way, but I ask all to continue to be patient. For reasons that will hopefully become obvious in a couple of days from now, I have my hands quite full at the moment!

Cedars

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

No problem, do what you have to do first. Thanks!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thanks, Rip!

• JHK
    JHK

Thank you very much! From Spain.

• maisha
    maisha

Great Lawyer!... gives one confidence of victory!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thanks cedars.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Thanks! Perhaps I am being a bit cynical here, but I can't help but wonder why Candace did not directly answer the prostitution question. She answered it by saying she got good grades in school and she was in a relationship with the same man for 8 years and she made mistakes because it was a way of coping with the weight of the abuse, and made an oblique reference to "that last thing" being "the farthest thing from the truth." And then Simons categorically denies that there is any evidence of the prostitution allegation. Again, perhaps this is cynicism, but it comes across that she answered the question in a very coached manner, perhaps so as to avoid giving a clear answer that she could be confronted with in court in the event a new trial is ordered. Her lawyer of course, cannot be questioned on his denial. I just don't understand why if they choose to take that question, she doesn't issue a categorical denial herself.

Of course, it's totally understandable that whatever mistakes she made were certainly heavily influenced by the horrible abuse she suffered. I wouldn't even have dignified those "blame the victim" allegations with a response.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Chaserious, I disagree with you. Had Candace been coached her answer would have been very short. The less a person talks the better.

Also, as Rick Simons pointed out, the Watchtower uncovered every bit of dirt they could find on Candace. Had this prostitution allegation been true, the WT lawyers would have used that at trial. Instead, like the slithering worms they are, they put that info before the public. That is how such rumors begin.

But, even if that accusation was true, it doesn't change the facts of the case.

And lastly, if Rick Simons thought the question was going to hurt the appeal or Candace in any way it is doubtful that it would have been answered at all.

Whatever you are reading into it you are misinterpreting and perpetuating falsehood.

• cedars
    cedars

Chas, I personally don't think either Rick or Candace could have been more unequivocal in refuting the ridiculous allegation of prostitution. I guess others are bound to see it differently.

Cedars

• mind blown
    mind blown

We all know who the WTS says THE REAL prostitue is, which the WTS has PROVEN to be........

Humm....I dunno, maybe, I should assume you cynical and suspect Chaserious, for your recent postings....they seem, well, suspect.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit