Inquiry on GB 2.0 member - Did they get married?

by bats in the belfry 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

It's been a while since we heard about their engagement. Did they break it off? Did they get married?

From their advice given we know that "passion-arousing heavy petting or caressing of breasts on numerous occasions between individuals not married to each other" can occur if the wedding date is stalled.

Counsel given:

In those special cases where elders do find it necessary to inquire into the matter of a broken engagement, they should be concerned with ascertaining whether the reasons for it were valid. What might be a “valid” reason? In a “Question from Readers” published in The Watchtower of October 1, 1968, two examples were given. Consider here a few other examples.

During the engagement period the woman might begin to reveal a very “bossy” attitude, not showing real respect for headship, thus giving strong evidence of being the type of person described at Proverbs 19:13; 21:9; 27:15, 16.

Or, during that period, the man might participate in some serious wrongdoing, perhaps becoming drunk, engaging in some immorality or seriously dishonest act.

Or one of the two might see some other definite spiritual weakness, perhaps a very strong materialistic attitude, in the other party and might conscientiously feel that to carry out the marriage could impose a serious burden on his or her spiritual strength, perhaps more than he or she feels able to carry without harm.

This does not mean, however, that in every case the other person will be viewed as deficient or inferior.

One may feel that the other person is a very fine individual but simply may come to realize that there are very strong differences in personality or outlook that would make the marital relationship a very difficult one for both of them.

These, then, are some, but by no means all, of the serious reasons that might cause one, after careful thought and prayer, to decide for termination of the engagement. Of course, mutual agreement to break the engagement would be far preferable to a unilateral action. But it may be that the other party does not see, or even prefers to ignore, the problem that is there.

w75 6/15 p. 383

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

That right eye of his makes me wonder if he was hiding a smirk. She's cute, and I aint mad at him. As old as he is when she puts that thang-thang on him, he might be beginning his 1000 year internship sooner than anticipated.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Interesting, subjective comment. The question, though, was "Did they get married?"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

God he's almost as ugly as me.

How do I gets me on the governing body?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

That's one of the oldest 57 year old men I've ever seen.

Something's wrong with her (besides the fact she a Dub) if she wants to get busy with an old virgin like that. I have a feeling if and when they do get married that hairstyle ain't gonna last too long. Can't have a GB wife walking around like she stuck her finger in the electric socket.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think his hair style should go first, along with the smirk.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Doesnt look like a love match to me So did they, or didnt they?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They DID !, but they are not married yet.

LOL

Sorry about that, I really have no idea, just couldn't resist.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

He was married before right,maybe it is his Australian accent that won her heart over,lol.

Let's face it,she may not have looked at him twice if he wasn't on the Governing Body.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Can't help but imagine the wedding night, picturing him in his nakedness as he approaches the marital bed with his bald head, stomach flab and flaccid penis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit