Hello

by apocryphal 19 Replies latest jw friends

• franticfran
    franticfran

Welcome Apocryphal, you a have found a safe place to talk things through,people here just listen and are non judgemental,some who have been where you are offer their experiences to help you, but nobody ever makes you feel bad about yourself, so feel free for probably for the first time in your life, to say what you see. You will be fine realy you will.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Hello apocryphal,

You are in a tough spot with all of your family in the cult. Have you read any of Steve Hassan's books, namely "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and Releasing the Bonds"? He has a third one out which I have not read but is also highly recommended by others here.

My husband, TotallyADD, was a born-in like yourself. Fortunately for us I was not and had some nonJW (I hate the term "worldly") family with whom we were able to reconnect. The point is, do you have friends on the outside of the organization? This will be most helpful as your fade progresses. Take your time. There is no Armageddon.

Our fade will we hope soon be coming to an end as we are awaiting our boys and their families exiting the cult.

Good luck on your fade. Come here often to vent and ask for help. There is always someone who has undergone something similar to you.

And CONGRATULATIONS for waking up at an age when you have your whole life ahead of you. We were in our fifties when we began learning TATT.

Reopened Mind

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcome. Glad to have you here with us.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hello back at you.......... if your having a problem getting your message posted try a different browser.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!!

You said:

Luckily, I’m in my mid 20s’ and college-educated,

Yes, that is the very good news. As Black Sheep mentioned, tread softly with the family for awhile. Listen carefully, and see where the weaknesses and questions are in their statements. After having been "out" now for several years, it is amazing to me how they swallow the "overlapping generation new light" and the Governing Body being the FDS. Of course, I guess along with my amazement I have to admit that I swallowed, chewed and enjoyed the taste of their drivel for over thirty years....

• gone for good
    gone for good

Hello and Welcome Apocryphal -

Lots of lovely, wise and helpful friends here for you.

We older ones are delighted to look on as, ever more young folks like you, prepare for

a fulfilling and satisfying life of freedom.

• flipper
    flipper

Hello Apocryphal- Nice to have you here ! Look forward to knowing you

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, Apocryphal!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

welcome to the forum apocryphal. Looking forward to your contributions.On here,at least, you can be yourself. you have the right to your opinions.I miss my family,but less than in the past. If they didnt have this hold over people,easily 50% would leave straight away.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome, glad you found us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit