ALL you ever need to know to understand NEW LIGHT (for what it really is)

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Here is what I'm thinking; see if you don't agree...

Jehovah's Witnesses are divided into three distinct tiers of membership.

1.Governing Body anointed

2.Clueless anointed

3.The rest of the non-anointed schmucks

Is that about right?

Jehovah, who edits the Watchtower, sends beams of insight, instruction, prophecy directly to headquarters and the "mouthpiece of God" lets the rest of us know BY POINTING A FLASHLIGHT at the dim shapes and explaining the importance.

A very simple explanation follows.

1. The Governing Body holds the "flashlight" of anointing.

2. They GB are "directed" by Jehovah where to point the illumination in a darkened world.

3.The light illumines what are (to unenlightend people) dim shapes.

4.The rank and file JW & non-GB anointed are TOLD what the shape IS and what it MEANS and what to DO about it.

5. SURPRISE!! The shape turns out to be something OTHER than what you were instructed to expect by the GB holding the flashlight!! (The shape is wrong, what it means is wrong. What you do about it is changed.)

6.The world at large sees only: false prophecy or flip-flop doctrines of men.

7. The GB blames the error on eagerness to shine the light on something THAT ISN'T EVEN THERE YET!

In view of the above 7 facts :

A. IF JEHOVAH is DIRECTING the Organization....IT MUST BE JEHOVAH making the error.

B. If it is the ORGANIZATION DIRECTING ITSELF....it is THEIR error.

Everybody following the faulty directions is called one of JEHOVAH'S Witness, right?

Whose name gets dragged in the mud?

Why none other than JEHOVAH!

In either case..... the rank and file are expected to comply, obey and believe it---until it

becomes obviously wrong------and is finally CHANGED to something else.

NOTICE CAREFULLY: Those being guided, shone the light and believing the description

are supposed to accept this guidance BECAUSE IT COMES FROM JEHOVAH!

What is the good little JW supposed to do? Wrong is Wrong?

Hence the idea "Waiting on Jehovah".

What does WAITING ON JEHOVAH actually mean?

HANG IN THERE, folks! WE'LL GET IT RIGHT WHEN JEHOVAH GETS IT RIGHT!

New Light is the total inability of Jehovah to get something right the first time (or second or third...)

• designs
    designs

I was baptized in 1966 and just about everything including the baptismal questions has changed. Congregation structure, understanding of Creation, End Times period, Faithful and Discreet Slave etc..

I got tired of waiting for jehovah to make up his mind.

• Terry
    Terry

I got tired of waiting for jehovah to make up his mind.

Well, the smart thing to do is either:

A. Get a better God

B. Get a better flashlight

• designs
    designs

C. get a better life

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good start... I like the suggestion others made @ just asking a question... & letting THEM answer.. When they have to say it w/their own mouth, & hear it w/their own ears, u have a chance.

1... Where does our light come from?

2... Who gave the light about the overlapping generations?

3.... Who gave the light that you had to be 15 years old (+/-) when the signs in 1914 started, to be part of that generation?

4.... Who sent the light "Well, now you just have to be born in 1914 to be part of that generation?"

5. Are these teachings (3& 4) now "old light?" Who gave us old light? Where is the right light?

What should we expect from God? Is God's chariot just "tacking?"

rechap.1p.8par.8Revelation—ItsHappyClimax!

1988 8 An even stronger reason for publishing this book is the need to keep up-to-date with present truth. Jehovah is continually shedding greater light on the meaning of his Word, and we can expect that our understanding of Revelation, along with other prophecies, will be sharpened as we draw closer to the great tribulation.

However, there have always been some who, rather than remain unmovable in their loyal support of the Kingdom, want to drift back to the beliefs and ways of false religion. These do not appreciate that the Master, Christ Jesus, is using the anointed body of his followers on earth as a "faithful and discreet slave" in dispensing spiritual food.—Matt. 24:45-47.

It was first in 1895 that some friends of Zion’sWatchTower suggested that this magazine is identified with "that slave"—"that servant." (Matt. 24:46, AuthorizedVersion) Enemies aroused violent opposition to this viewpoint of such friends, so that TheWatchTower of October 1, 1909, had this to say:

"Our friends insist that this Scripture indicates that in the end of this Gospel age the Lord would use not many channels for the dissemination of the Truth, but one channel . . . They hold that all of them received their knowledge ofPresent Truth directly from the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society’s publications, or indirectly through those who have received their enlightenment through thischannel. They are glad correspondingly to co-operate as ‘fellow-servants’ with the Society’s work, believing that thereby they are following the leadings of the Divine Providence, as well as the instructions of the Divine Word."

Then, referring to those enemies of truth, TheWatchTower said:

"They seek to turn the minds of the enlightened ones in another direction by telling them that ‘each should dig’ the jewels of Divine Truth for himself; that the Society’s publications merely gave them the start on which now they should improve, so that eventually its teachings would be far in the background. These disloyal ‘fellow-servants’ suggest further that there is danger of worshipping the Society and that to avoid so doing it is practically necessary to give it a kick or to turn their backs upon it. They say, Let us have a Bible study, but let us exclude the Society’s publications!"

That was written 72 years ago, andto this day there are a few who would try to discredit the body of truth that Jehovah has built up progressively, using his one channel. As the light of truth grows ever brighter, how happy we should be to remain "unmovable" in our association with the Master’s ‘faithful slave’!—Col. 1:21-2

So, Jehovah can't get it right the first time? Jehovah has to "build up the body of truth progressively.....?"

They are sooooooo smart. How did they figure that out?

As early as 1909 it was obvious to people alive then, that the "GB" (oops no GB yet.. well... ) I mean, "faithful slave" were in danger of being worshipped...

The Society claims that only thru their channel does Jehovah dispense light... dispensing "Present Truth."

If I teach a past truth, is it still truth?

cha ching! cha ching! you ain't gettin' my bling!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS is a true religion for idiots, it was started out by amateur theologians who were endeavored in their pursuits to create readable

and attractive literature toward the public and has pretty much stayed on that course for more than a century.

Why does the WTS/JWS change little ? because the jws who stayed with the organization for a long length of time have been indulgently trained

on that amateur theology. Most of the problem rests on the fact that devoted JWS do not know how false/amateurish the WTS. doctrines are

they just assume its Godly directed by god's chosen own publishing house the WTS.

• Terry
    Terry

Amateur detectives and armchair scholars have alot in common with conspiracy theorists--they make things up! Then, they sit back

and look at what they've invented and REACT!

After reacting to their own inventions and imagination they suddenly imagine they have made SIGNIFICANT DISCOVERIES!

Confirmation Bias is the strong impulse to look only at what tends to support our own ideas, hypthesis and theories.

IF YOU WANT AN ENTERTAINING LAUGH...listen to this Audio taken from a biography on History Channel's WILLIAM MILLER dramatization.

William Miller, as you all know, was a good old boy from a Baptist family who became a war hero in the War of 1812.

He was not educated formally as either a preacher or bible scholar. LISTEN TO HOW he came up with the idea of Christ's Return in his own lifetime

that started the ADVENTIST movement which led to Pastor Russell doing the very same thing.

Click on this link and listen:

WILLIAM MILLER (1782 - 1849)

• Terry
    Terry

"I dug deeper into the teachings of my faith and also consulted with responsible Mormon Church leaders. I was told that the answers to my questions involved mysteries that one day would be solved as the light became brighter." Watchtower2013 Feb 1 p.9

""Tell me," he asked, "how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"" Awake! 1970 Apr 22 p.8
    1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Galatians 1:8, 9 "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed."
  • Ding
    Ding
    "I dug deeper into the teachings of my faith and also consulted with responsible Mormon Church leaders. I was told that the answers to my questions involved mysteries that one day would be solved as the light became brighter." Watchtower 2013 Feb 1 p.9
    ""Tell me," he asked, "how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"" Awake! 1970 Apr 22 p.8
    Great catch, Terry!
    Amazing how they can print this stuff with a straight face...
    Amazing too how JWs can read it and not see their own organization in the mirror...
    If an XJW published the following, it would be called "apostate hate literature" and thrown in the trash by most JWs:
    "I dug deeper into the teachings of my faith and also consulted with responsible Watchtower Society leaders. I was told that the answers to my questions involved mysteries that one day would be solved as the light became brighter."
    "Tell me," he asked, "how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Jehovah's Witnesses had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the Governing Body and elders are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"
  • cha ching
    cha ching

I like that Terry & Ding.

Very simple, very clear. Just put "Watchtower" or "Jehovah's Witnesses" into the blanks, and the story becomes clear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit