Were You A Sneaky Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I think everbody did something that the cult consider bad. When my wife and was first married we started having oral sex. Back then you could be DF for that if it got out. But both of us thought that was our business not the elders. We would watch R-rated movies and even went to a rock concert. Not once did lighting strike us. Maybe this was the wedge that help us wake up! Totally ADD

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

When I began my "fade" twelve years ago I had to be sneaky. Unfortunately, that is how it had to be to get the control freaks off my back.

• tiki
    tiki

i don't see where honest self-expression translates into "sneaky". if you are skulking around with bad motives out to do something questionably illegal or criminal, well then sneaky fits.....but a kid being normal is just that. if the kid has to hide his normalcy because he has authority figures who are warped....well that is one sad story.....been there.....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well at the beginning I was a goody-two shoes and did my best to act like a really good JW.

Then I got married and my past xhilhood abuse caught up with me and then the emotional and sexual abuse in the marriage made everything worse. I was slowly falling apart but no one knew it. I maintained the perfect image to anyone outside the home. I eventually planned my escape. Well two escapes. One was suicide but I realized I didn't want to be dead. I just wanted the pain to stop. So although suicide was always in the back of my head I pkanned my adultery that would get me out of the marriage. In the end it got me out of the JWs too.

I don't think evne my husband had any idea how messed up I was. The only outward sign was that I had a really hard time keeping my home neat and tidy. In effect it was an outward demonstration of how confused and overwhelmed I was on the inside.

But no one knew. So sneaky? Yea I would say planning a situation of adultery to get out of a marriage was sneaky.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was a nervous wreck always cleaning the house, car, book bag, studying, etc. When it was our book study's turn to clean the KHall or mow the lawn, our family was always there.

I just gag now to think how gung-ho we were.

Then, when my teen daughter did a couple of normal teen things, five self-righteous men took it upon themselves to humiliate and berate her, df'ing her, then removing my hubbie as elder because he "should have done more" and announcing it as "good news for the congregation" along with appointments for auxilliary pioneers for the month.

We sat and took it for a few months, then decided we'd had enough. My wonderful daughter, to her credit, went on to graduate with highest honors from college with a degree in Biology.

This organization will one day fade into oblivion becaue they take the brightest and the best and treat them like crap while they wink at the behavior of the "good old boys" and pedophiles.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What gets me Quandry is they don't care if they hurt people. If you don't follow the line you are expendable and as such they can treat you as a non-person. Glad though that it got you out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Min

That is hyperbole.

S

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not without feeling a heaping helping of guilt

• minimus
    minimus

As an elder, I had to be careful. I went to tons of concerts and did my share of drinking but I typically went away from the local area. Had to be careful.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I never broke the rules because I never believed there were rules to break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit