Confused about Satan's plan according to WTS

by new22day 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new22day
    new22day

My rudimentary understanding of JW beliefs is that Satan is leading traditional Christian religions and the Wild Beast of the UN is his tool. Is the WTS concept that the UN will eventually ban all religion and this will start the big A? I don't get it. Wouldn't Satan be working at cross purposes if 'he' is leading the false religions too?? Why ban them?

(PS > I don't belief in Satan, just trying to understand the logic. How does this strategy make sense?)

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Satan's supposed to be like a dumb fish that Jehovah draws in with a hook, basically.. I know what you mean, it makes little sense.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was told Satan's most successful strategy to date was to get people to believe he doesn't even exist.

No religion = no Satan and then the end will come.

If I was Satan I would be hiding demons in charity shops, ouija boards and guaranteeing those attending seances all got an appearance just to prolong the "short time" until my ultimate demise, coz don't forget although he gets locked up for 1000 years he will be let loose for a short time afterwards. However I am starting to feel this short time might actually be quite a long time if it is the same amount of time as soooooon.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've often wondered if Satan really is such an idiot.

Have you ever noticed how WT literature mentions Satan far more times than the Bible does? Like they're trying to scare us with him or something...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

New22day, I couldn't even TRY to understand that concept. Good for you for trying.

I remember telling my friend about all the wonderful things that were happening around us. He was looking at me like I had four heads. Later he went into this monologue about everything being bad in the world what with the crime and homicides... blah blah blah.... It was like the ONLY thing he heard on the news was bad. I responded that in Christ, I have nothing to fear. He responded with some language about Satan's control. It was the oddest conversation.

I feel so sorry for him.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think Satan's plans include the like of the Governing body and the WTS

" 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, ........ 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of ( New ) light."____2 Cor. 11: 13-14

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You really, really don't want to try to sort this out... I was looking through the Live Forever book & the 1963 Babylon the Great book for references, but it is such a steaming pile of BS that I gave up.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    but it is such a steaming pile of BS that I gave up.

Now that's funny but ...uh... ew?

New22day, if the jws aren't able to take the stench, we should definitely get our noses out of it. :)

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The 'Babylon The Great' book actually has an explanation as to why all of Satan's little friends would start beating each other up; but seriously it is the stoopidest and most raving-mad book that Fred Franz ever wrote, so there is no point quoting the logic in it- as there isn't any!

• new22day
    new22day

Thanks for the feedback all.

Transhuman - Thanks for the info. You've actually made me more curious now but I suspect I won't have the patience to sort it out either. I honestly thought there was an easy explanation to this as it seems to be a key belief. But as NeverKnew says, if you JWs can't sort it out us non-JWs don't stand a chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit