RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!

by Julia Orwell 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Adiva
    Adiva

I love the last paragraph of your so called rant. It describes the anguish many feel when stepping away from the borg.

When I was breaking away, in a mental health facility after trying to off myself yet again, my father spoke (via phone) to my psychiatrist and told him that my problem was 'a spiritual one'. He has no idea how right he was. My spirit was dying in that organization. Now that I have reclaimed it, I can so much more easily have a relationship with Divinity, communing freely and as often as I desire.

I wish you much joy in your explorations and am expecting the best possible outcome for you and your spouse.

Adiva

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I hear Jesus, but they don't want me going near him. I hear YHWH, but he's monopolised by some men in NYC. I hear my God and my Lord Jesus in the Bible, the human spirit and the beautiful things around me, and I want to follow their voice, the voice that tells me to be the best human being I can be, and to love and help others with my own unique talents. Not wasting my time in dead works that leave me empty, but in exploring the things that make us human!

Very well stated Julia. I understand why you have a hard time reading the magazines or going to the KH. You have only recently woken up to TTAT, so you are still coming to terms with the realization that you were fooled by a bunch of idiots into thinking they spoke for God. Naturally, this is still painful and upsetting. Eventually things will get better, as they say, time heals all wounds. You may find that you can then read the literature in a more detached way, understanding that it is simply the opinion of a few men pretending to be something they are not. Then again you may never pick up a magazine again, because it means nothing to you. The only time I read anything published by the Watchtower is when parts of it are quoted here. It's just part of my past, I like to keep loose tabs on the latest happenings in the Watchtower world, but the only emotion I feel is happiness that I am no longer a part of it.

• Mum
    Mum

After exiting the WT, the first apostate book I read was by Barbara Grizzuti (Grizutti?) Harrison entitled, Visions of Glory: A History and a Memory of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Barbara was at Bethel when she realized TTATT. She had a personal interview with N. H. Knorr before exiting. At the end of the interview, he said to her something like, "You were smart, weren't you?" I think she did well in school, and that was the reason for his question. She replied in the affirmative. He concluded and said, "That's your problem."

I notice that's the "problem" with a lot of people on this board. You are one of them, Julia. Congratulations on reactivating your brain cells and having the unmitigated gall to think for yourself!

• Fernando
    Fernando

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

Resistance (against propaganda) may be futile before the student is ready, but dramatically effective thereafter.

Resistance by persons such as Martin Luther, has delivered many of the modern freedoms we today take for granted (and may not even have been born without).

Of course we need to choose our battles, and our R&R time well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit