"Millions Now Living Will Never Die," Predicted the Watctower before 1914.

by Scott77 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alecholmesthedetective
  • Scott77
    Scott77

Indeed,a very big Watchtower Society of Jehovah' Witnesses lie of the century. It forever without questions and doubts, marked this cult as a false prophets of our times. It forever, regardless of feable defenses or excuses (i.e., misunderstandings, false expectations etc) confirm that this is our modern day anti-christ. The Watchtower's level of deceiption and cunning is amazing and professional at its best. Iam very angry because it took me so long to realize this big lie. My only relief is that, Iam not only the one who was lied to.

Scott77

• belbab
    belbab

When Joe Rutherfored, first gave his "millions never dying" he said "Millions now living MAY never die"

When later they saw how big a splash they made, they changed the title of the booklet to:" Millions now living WILL never die"

belbab

• Scott77
    Scott77

When Joe Rutherfored, first gave his "millions never dying" he said "Millions now living MAY never die"

When later they saw how big a splash they made, they changed the title of the booklet to:" Millions now living WILL never die"

belbab

Please, help with documentation proof is available. if not, no problem. Still though, the use of 'may' or 'will' indicates the organisation was guided by a false holy spirit. Using their own publications, we need to repeatedly expose this criminal and lieing Watchtower organisation of Jehovah's Witnesses for what it is!

Scott77

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

MILLIONS OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES NOW LIVING ARE RESISTANT TO RATIONAL ENQUIRY

"They announced that the world had in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout. It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry."

Broca's Brain, Carl Sagan (New York: Ballantine Books, 1979, pp. 332-33)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The original title of Rutherford's talk was, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die".

When that false promise/false prophecy failed, the Watchtower began to revise the title in later publications to say, "Millions Now Living May Never Die".

If you look on page 163 of the "Proclaimers" book (Jv) you can see copies of the original advertisements for that talk. It says, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die".

The Watchtower has lied about the original title in order to hide the fact that Rutherford's promise, and that campaign, was a false prophecy. Following are several quotes from WT literature showing the original title and the revised title- the cover up:

*** w09 7/15 p. 24 Ninety Years Ago I Began to ‘Remember My Grand Creator’ ***

Ninety Years Ago I Began to ‘Remember My Grand Creator’

As told by Edwin Ridgwell

ON Armistice Day, November 11, 1918, children at my school were unexpectedly assembled to celebrate the end of the Great War, later called World War I. I was only five years old and did not fully understand the occasion. Still, I knew from what my parents had taught me about God that I did not want to be part of the ceremony. I prayed to God, but then my emotions got the better of me, and I began to cry. Yet, I did not share in the celebration. That was the beginning of my ‘remembering my Grand Creator.’ — Eccl. 12:1.

Some months before this incident at school, our family had moved to live near Glasgow in Scotland. About that time, Father attended the public talk entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." It changed his life. Father and Mother began studying the Bible and often talked together about God’s Kingdom and the blessings to come. I thank God that from then on my parents brought me up to love God and to put my trust in him. —

*** w09 8/15 p. 16 par. 17 Everlasting Life on Earth

A Hope Rediscovered ***

From 1918 until 1925, the talk "Millions Now Living Will Never Die,"

which explained the hope of everlasting life on earth, was presented by Jehovah’s servants in over 30 languages worldwide

*** w02 9/1 p. 25 "I Would Not Change a Thing!" ***

IN THE summer of 1929, when I was two years old, something wonderful happened to my father, Matthew Allen. He obtained the booklet Millions Now Living Will Never Die!, published by the International Bible Students, as Jehovah’s Witnesses were then known.

*** w01 5/15 p. 14 ‘Behold! The Great Crowd!’ ***

with the public talk "Millions Now Living Will Never Die," featured by Jehovah’s people from 1918 to 1922.

*** w10 2/15 pp. 15-16 par. 8 "The Spirit and the Bride Keep On Saying: ‘Come!’" ***

8 The anointed followers of Christ have been extending the invitation since as far back as 1918. In that year, the public talk entitled "Millions Now Living May Never Die" offered hope that many will gain life in a paradise earth after the battle of Armageddon.

*** w90 4/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

History shows that the public exposure of these facts actually began before 1922. For example, the lecture "Millions Now Living May Never Die," first delivered in 1918 and published in booklet form in 1920, told of Christendom’s failure and of the approaching end of this world. The Golden Age of September 29, 1920, plainly exposed Christendom as a fornicator, a lying fraud, and a misleader of the people.

*** w58 10/15 p. 630 par. 16 Public Address: God’s Kingdom Rules

Is the World’s End Near? ***

. Back in January of 1918, in the very throes of World War I, the American president, Woodrow Wilson, proposed the League of Nations. The very next month Jehovah’s witnesses, as represented by the president of the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, began preaching the startling message, "The World Has Ended

Millions Now Living May Never Die."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. publishing company has a good portion of this corruption listed in its long history as a religious organization.

Was this corruption developed out of that fact that this religious organization is centered around a publishing house ?

I think so, the evidence to this can be seen in the organization's printed works, which most have been taken out of circulation.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Ok, you guys, including antlatis,

Can you dig deeper to come up and post here a PDF version of that booklet Millions Now Living Will Never Die!?

Thank you all

Scott77

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Millions Now Living Will Never Die

ftp://bible.cfmin.com/1920_Millions_Now_Living_Will_Never_Die-Small.pdf

The one below will be a slower download, but probably better quality.

ftp://bible.cfmin.com/1920_Millions_Now_Living_Will_Never_Die.pdf

News advertisements for the 'Millions' campaign

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/documents/1919-1925_News_Clippings_Millions_Campaign.pdf

The above links are taken from this page; many older publications listed in date order,

ftp://u44653395-downloads:[email protected]/

Edit: After testing the first two links above there seems to be a problem. You may get a sign-in box with password required.

For a work-around click on the last link; you will see a long list of literature. Scroll down to 1920 and look for "Millions Now Living Will Never Die."

By clicking through from there the sign-in box is avoided.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The following quotes show the continued dishonesty of the Watchtower Society in the following years by downplaying the sugnificance of the "Millions" campaign. 1925 was prophesied as being "God's date", and would bring Armageddon and the resurrection of the "ancient worthies" who would live at Beth Sarim. Note that when 1925 failed, the same events were predicted for 1932:

*** jv chap. 12 p. 161 The Great Crowd to Live in Heaven? Or on Earth? ***

They also thought that perhaps — just perhaps — the "ancient worthies" who would serve as princes on the earth during the millennial era would, at the end of that time, somehow be granted heavenly life

This quote is completely dishonest. It makes it appear that this teaching was mere speculation with no definiteness to it. Compare what was really said:

"Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection." (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89)

...other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men and Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth." (Millions now living will never die, 1920 p 89-90)

"We have no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925. It was on this line of reckoning that the dates 1874, 1914, and 1918 were located; and the Lord has placed the stamp of his seal upon 1914 and 1918 beyond any possibility of erasure. What further evidence do we need? Using this same measuring line.... it is an easy matter to locate1925, probably in the fall, for the beginning of the antitypical jubilee. There can be no more question about 1925 than there was about 1914." (Watchtower, p. 150, May 15, 1922)

"The period must end in 1925. The type ending, the antitype must begin; and therefore 1925 is definitely fixed in the scriptures. Every thinking person can see that a great climax is at hand. The Scriptures clearly indicate

"This chronology is not of man but of God . . . of divine origin . . . absolutely and unqualifiedly correct." --Watchtower 7/15/1922, p.217

Notice how this WT makes it sound as if the Watchtower Society had nothing to do with that false prophecy, and indirectly, passed the blame onto Jehovah's Witnesses in general.

"They had preached that in an early time God would overthrow "Christendom".Many had emphasized the year 1925 as the date, and then when that date did not materialize the date was moved up to 1932. Again, 1932 came and ''Christendom'' was not destroyed, and now it was discovered that "Christendom" would be spared for a while longer for the sake of the Jonadab class, and this made the proud "elective elder" crowd very mad." (Watchtower Feb. 15, 1938 p. 54)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit