"Millions Now Living Will Never Die," Predicted the Watctower before 1914.

by Scott77 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scott77
    Scott77

Predicted the Watctower falsely predicted before 1914 that,"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" before 1914. Its now a year before we hit 100 years mark. Was God's or god's holy spirit guiding them when they falsely predicted that prophesy? What is your reaction or perspective on this big lie?

Scott77

• wasblind
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

What is your reaction or perspective on this big lie?

FU$K EM. Time to move on.

Millions now living will never go back. Fool me once....

• wasblind
  • StoneWall
    StoneWall

Could you provide a link or give me your references to where the WT society said "Millions now living will never die" in their publications before 1914.

The only ones I've seen are from Judge Rutherfords time which is after 1914 when he said it. (and I 've seen plenty of those)

The reason I ask is it caught my interest why it stated in thread topic before 1914. I've seen the ones from the 1920's and later but not from before 1914.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

They kinda said that after 1914, too.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Suraj said,

"They kinda said that after 1914, too."

Yes but look at the date on that WT. It's from 1984.

But getting back to original thread topic can anyone show info where they said what is claimed before 1914.

My point is, it would be just as wrong for us to falsely accuse them of saying something at a certain time that never was said.

I'm not disputing that they made this claim, only the timing of it being made.

• Splash
    Splash

It was a 7 year preaching campaign that stretched into the 1920's.

I dont have the info in front of me but i think it started in 1916.

I'll check later.

Splash.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Sorry. I know what was being asked, it's just that particular cover makes me super doubleplus furious.

I'll, uh...I'll show myself out.

*hangs head and shuffles away*

• Quendi
    Quendi

As far as I’ve been able to determine, Charles Russell never uttered or wrote the words/slogan “Millions Now Living Will Never Die.” Joseph Rutherford definitely did, however, starting in 1920. It was all part of a campaign that promoted the false prophecy that Armageddon would arrive in 1925. But regardless of whether it was Russell or Rutherford who got the ball rolling, it was another failed prediction of the WTS. It did have a negative impact on the organization, though. The 1975 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses admitted that 1925 was a “difficult” year for many of the International Bible Students whose hopes were dashed just as hard as they had been in 1914.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit