Good Friday, bloody good times had by all

by designs 25 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

CA- so it is a specticle common enough that cultures around the world can relate to it, like a Hindu and Kali cutting or in Islam and cutting the head, and that is why you think God chose this method to save the world.

Sulla- did I make any effort past the megachurch explanation on the 'meaning' of why a crucifixion, oh yeah. Did I pose this as a layup question, yes, have you seen the number of new one's here, they are seaching and rethinking and we (the seasoned xjws) need to put the topics up that address every question on faith and religion they may have.

Interesting today in our small rural community, we have the annual Cross Walk where many of the Churches walk together down Church Row in solidarity and carry banners and crosses to commemorate the crucifixion. That Cross Walk passes right by the KH which sits next to the Catholic church and across the street from the Lutheran, LDS, Presbyterian, and Baptist Churches. Around the corner is the Anglican and Assembly of God.

Christian Church life is the biggest business in our community. With a population of 42,000 we have over 30 Churches all competing for the peoples to come and worship and give. Some have schools k-6 and k-12 and charge hefty fees.

In the Philippines where the nailing of persons to a cross takes place the Catholic Church has asked their members not to do that. Whether that is because of health and safety reasons or embarrassment the article today did not say. Marching in the streets with real wood crosses heavy enough for two to three men to struggle with seems to be preferred, which is what the locals do. Also included, as mentioned, are the banners and smaller crosses with the impaled Jesus figure.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

that is why you think God chose this method to save the world.

Did God choose the method? Where does it say He chose the method of execution?

Or did He know in advance what the method would be?

• designs
    designs

Nothing in the Bible says this but did not God have to control the entire process to ensure the dramatic nature of the event so it would be remembered throughout history. Falling off a cliff would have not been as memorable.

• designs
    designs

Sulla- which theologian or philosopher offers the best explanation in your opinion.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Did God choose the method? Where does it say He chose the method of execution?

Or did He know in advance what the method would be?

How many points do I get if I answer these questions? Can I call a friend?

MOST of the gods don't even seem to believe in any of this...I wonder what they say on the matter? Lets ask them? Oh wait. What's their numbers again?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Let's be cannibals, Jesus just tastes SOOO good!

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit