Appealing a disfellowshipping - any experience

by dozy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

You know brother Flipper, when we join the organization we agree that the body of elders has authority. And if we are accused of a sin we have to cooperate with the elders as they have been appointed by Jehovah's holy spirit to take care of it. We show humility by cooperating.

This is exactly the catch22 that hampered my appeal. I was afraid that if I told the appeal committee the truth about their incompetence, their lies, their game playing and their deviation from proper procedure, that I'd be perceived negatively. Instead I showed "humility" and respect for the elders.

I'd suggest that everyone who is DFd who wants to be reinstated should appeal. At the very least it sends a message that what has been done is wrong and that you are not going to just accept it. But it's like Flipper says - it's a chess game.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks Flip - my friend has put his appeal letter in. He just doesn't want to be shunned by his family.

It is worth a try. The JC was so botched up it was almost embarrassing. If nothing else , maybe the elders will be held to account & given some grief by the elders on the appeal committee. In future they might think twice about DFing someone in the same situation.

• flipper
    flipper

DOZY- I wish your friend the best man. It's a stressful situation to say the least- and that's putting it mildly. The elders drew my situation out over 9 months between chasing me down, finally meeting with me and then saying my DFing was overturned ! It's like - WTF ? It took 'em 9 months to figure out I was innocent ? Seriously, something very wrong with that picture. Tell your friend I wish him the best and if he ever wants to chat I'd be happy to do so. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I have 7 days to appeal, but they have made a huge effort to drive me out of the congregation since reinstatement and try to find all types of evidence against me to back it up. Not worth even considering. x

• 88JM
    88JM

I just got back from a two week holiday and found the invite to the judicial committee in the pile of post - the meeting was held while I was away two days ago!

If they DF'ed me (which I'm guessing they did anyway) I'd love to hear what evidence it was based on because I've only told my Dad directly about my current situation and didn't say anything much to my mum.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

My impression generally has been that an appeal is usually pretty hopeless

That ain't true. JC decisions have been reversed- but they ain't legal proceedings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit