Is the WTBTS Responsible for What Attendees Do After an Assembly?

by PaintedToeNail 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mum
    Mum

Sure, you're allowed to get together with the brothers and sisters. However, if anyone has a good time, he or she is setting himself/herself up to be "marked," "reproved," "disfellowshipped," or some other form of being regarded with suspicion.

Most of us adults accept responsibility for our own behavior because we don't have masters to explain to us what is proper and improper. If you're all grown up, you should know how to behave yourself and not accept being talked down to because you had an evening of relaxation and/or amusement. Life's too short for this nonsense.

As Sophia Loren used to say, "Wear my perfume and let them talk." If you have someone talking disapprovingly about your behavior, I envy you.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Most of us adults accept responsibility for our own behavior because we don't have masters to explain to us what is proper and improper. If you're all grown up, you should know how to behave yourself and not accept being talked down to because you had an evening of relaxation and/or amusement. Life's too short for this nonsense.

Right. I think there ought to be common sense involved when a person has a party--not a "gathering", what is this, an alien abduction? "Gathering"?

Anyway, the main thing for such a person would be, not being responsible for the behavior of fellow adults as if they're to be policemen--oh, we would need that for the "cleanest people on earth"?--but to make sure that wherever you're having the party is a safe enough place for all invited. Nobody wants strangers crashing the party or for minors to get alcohol (if it's illegal for minors to drink where you live). Or for so many people to be there that your deck can't hold them all and there's an accident. Or your electrical setup is overloaded by sound systems and a fire starts.

But as for the other stuff, you can't make adults who want to do something stop doing it, and you can't watch everyone every second. But really, should we expect the Society to take responsibility even for the stuff they tell JWs to do? Of course not. Why would we? Even when you're expected to die for their teachings, it's still "your personal decision". Right? And they assume no responsibility for the consequences of that. So they're not going to assume responsibility for anything else.

That said, this may evidently mean that that young brother and sister who met at the convention and went back and hooked up at a hotel room were acting alone, and solely responsible. The Governing Body cannot be approached by local elders for a judicial committee for hosting the occasion where the young man and woman met.

We appreciate your inquiry and hope this clears the matter up for you.

Warm Christian Love,

sd-7

• tiki
    tiki

this always angered me. why should individual responsibility be absolved once in a group situation - and the group organizer have to assume total responsibility for the group instead? makes little sense.......i prefer to be the master of my own actions whether all alone or with a bunch of people or wherever, whatever. just another idiotic rule to make fence people in and subvert reality.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I agree, how is it possible for a host to be responsible for what other do AFTER leaving an event? The exceptions being where alcohol or drugs were partaken in and causing a longer lasting effect on the attendees. It never made sense that WTBTS could have very large gatherings and be absolved of responsibility of the attendees, yet they held other hosts responsible for what happened after their events. Double standard.

Blondie-Thanks for the references!

• Satanus
    Satanus

The corp tells assembly attendees to keep on their lapel badges and dress clothes after the sessions, to wear them to restaurents or whatever. If the wt tells them to do that, does that not carry w it some wt responsibility? Is it a from of sales? All the more then, would the wt be resposible for those following its instructions.

S

• just Ron
    just Ron

That's why you are suppposed to wear your convention name tag every where you go when at convention - to remind you what you are there for and to not bring reproach on JW's name.

just Ron

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

One poor elder on the last day of the District Convention was drinking and saw a very beautiful woman (call-girl, harlot) and succumbed to her wiles. He paid her $250 for a good time and confessed to his sin at 3:am the following Monday morning. We have overseers to keep a watch on all our brothers and sisters attending the Conventions, no we do not!

Fornication in a crowded Hotel pool could take place in seconds young teenager sisters said, was it really worth it? A couple of seconds fondling their wholesome boy friend who got them pregnant in the hotel pool. The chairman and District overseer are responsible for these large gatherings, right?

Sister single run's into a old friend she had a crush on, they sit in the lounge talking about the past with her former boy friend who regrets the marriage he is stuck in, a thought crosses his and her mind, she said "I can free you from your loveless marriage". They return to her room and he say's "it was the best sex I ever had" to his ex-wife to be, "sister single" has preformed a kindness she things because he might marry her.

The following stories as close as I can post without harming the young ones who fell to Satan's method of Adultry and Fornication.

• tiki
    tiki

aunt connie - the hotel pool? i just hope they were alone in it...i wouldn't want my 8 year old splish-splashing around and catch sight of that spectacle.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Our Circuit Overseer hooked up with a Hooker during pre-assembly work in Southern California. LOL Those big get togethers are trouble!!!!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

"I didn't have sex, Brother Elder. Honest, it was a pool baby from the District Convention."

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit