They're (Elders) after me!!!!!!!!!

by Gojira_101 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Good morning and sorry this is so late being posted, it's been a busy week and this is the first chance to post.

Our home phone, which only a few people know and have, has been ringing constantly for the last two weeks, and my hubby and I have been ignoring it. My parents and the elders are the only ones that have our home phone number and my parents have been just calling my cell because they know we won't answer the house phone...anyways this has been going on for several weeks.

On Saturday I get a call from my dad asking me how the ASL cong works with recruiting people for their hall...I was really confused because my parents live 90 miles from the ASL cong and the people in that hall are too lazy to drive that far. So I asked him to explain.

Apparently some man called asking if there was anyone in the household who knew ASL to help communicate with deaf....So I can't say everything about the conversation because I don't want to reveal details. But just my opinion of the whole thing, it was very odd especially since the man didn't want to reveal himself on who he was to my dad, and that was such a lame-ass excuse to use. but my dad made this person say who they were with and sure enough it was a JW, but this guy was very hesitate to admit who he was...weird huh? Then my dad said he was a JW himself and that I knew Signed language...the JW on the line said he had to go and hung up on my dad....WEIRD!!!!!!! So wait if they are looking for people to help communicate with deaf then why the hell did he hang up on my dad when he said I knew sign? See it's weird!!!!!

Sunday right after the meeting time for the hall our cards are in our home phone rang for a good 2 minutes straight, we don't have caller ID or anything like that so we don't know who it was...but it's awful funny it rang for 2 minutes straight....

Monday I called the phone company saying we are being harassed by the person who had the phone number before us debt collectors (which was true, but I mainly wanted to hide from the elders) and we now have a new number that only my parents have..... I don't even think the elders know where we live, so the only way to contact us now is through my parents and they are not giving them my info. I love protective parents :)

There are some other things going on too with elders and my family but sadly I can't say anything right now on it, in case any of those elders are lurking on here, but it's very serious and once we can tell all of you.....man you won't believe it!

SO to those elders trying to find me.....CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

http://www.amazon.com/Bellsouth-Caller-Waiting-CI-43/dp/B0037SRV5E/ref=pd_sim_e_1

Twelve bucks and you can find out who these clowns are. I would buy it for you myself if I knew where to ship it to.

Don't let these jerks hold you hostage. Pull the phone out of the jack if you need to - that's what I did with debt collectors in the lean times.

EDIT: (if they find out your new number, that is - did you buy unlisted service?)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

An answer machine with a robotic voice can be useful. One where it doesn't say who you are or where you are just that the caller should leave a message. If it's the elders you can laugh at their message and wipe it. Don't reply. Keep 'em guessing!

Well done on your covert ops!

• blondie
    blondie

A suggestion, get caller ID, well worth the investment. Won't screen out all calls. Turn off the ringer and let your calls go to voice mail and check later. Be patience, eventually they stop. I shred all mail and will not answer stop bys. No appointment, I do not open the door. Calls screened so no appointment can be made. It can be tricky with parents and siblings, but you know them best and what kind of contact you want and how to minimize.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I hate to break it to you luv, But the hounds have been sent

you are now on the run.

I see you followed instructions and made it to the safe house

when you proceed further

Lay low in daylight, and travel by night

wade through the water to throw the hounds off

It's gettin' tough now. The big house sent word to the overseers

and the elders are the hounds on the hunt

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hang in there Sis- contact me if I can help or pray with you or whatever-- anytime day or night!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

have to use her dad's post since I'm out of mine...

Thanks everyone. We have caller ID and I know the cell number that was used, but I cannot get a name. i used the reverse look up and all it said was a cell number from the city. I used an old cell phone tha we never use and its voice message and number is listed under our business name instead of ours. I called the number back to see if I could find out who it was, it just went to a generic voice mail. I'll try from a payphone next time.

Newly Enlightened

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

If you have a smartphone like Droid or iPhone you can get a free Voip app that will let you call from a different, untraceable number.

• cobaltcupcake
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

They really are stalking bullies, aren't they?!? One thing you could do is tell them you do not wish to receive any calls on your home phone and will consider it harassement. Of course, that could mean that they turn up the heat and try to catch you in something. Not sure how your phone company works, but I'm pretty sure you can call them and ask to block certain telephone numbers from coming through (trying to remember back to the days when I had a land line).

This is the inherent problem of trying to fade. Fading does allow for them to harass you and bully you. DA'ing eliminates this immediately. What is sad is that they either force you to move, change your phone number, or DA. They just won't leave you alone. And if you ask them to, they will investigate closer to see if they can catch you in anything. I would really check with your phone company and see if you can block their numbers from coming through. Of course, then you have to worry about their "visits".

Maybe being up front with them in a scheming way would help... Answer the phone and say, "I don't wish to hear from you guys right now. We love Jehovah and the Faithful Slave, but we don't wish to take your calls or visits right now, and we would appreciate you respecting our wishes." That way they don't try and get your for apostasy, and don't have any room to investigate without being accussed of harassement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit