Trinity, Immortality of the soul, Hell fire... Homosexuality

by irondork 42 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Entirely possible

I have no desire to get into a debate with you on the issue. I was engaged in a mutual and rational discussion with Irondork.

I'm not into ''bashing'' anyone. whatever their race, skin colour, nationality etc... blah blah have already said it all and not wasting precious posts on it.

What has relationship got to do with it anyway ? How do you define relationship ? Does it matter ? a sexual relationship is just that, if two peole have sex, they have a sexual relationship, doesn't need a time constraint.

it is common knowledge how men have sex, so that answers that one.

Not all christians should be tarred with the same brush. Unless you know them personally you cannot know their thoughts, views, opinions.

regards

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I have no desire to get into a debate with you on the issue. I was engaged in a mutual and rational discussion with Irondork.

Blah blah blah. You wrote a bunch of stuff, got questions you can't answer, and suddenly you don't want to debate but respond anyway to get the last word in? Why am I not surprised.

• *lost*
    *lost*

EP are you aware that you come across as wuite hostile and offensive ? Is your thing just 'diggin' at others ?

I wrote stuff in a mutual discussion with Irondork, yes. It's called a CONVERSATION. I find you have an aggressive tone and are a bit rude.

Getting the last word in ? Well that sounds just so childish.

thanks for the laugh though.

• irondork
    irondork

I think context is very important. You tell a prepubecent child not to have sex. That is not a broad condemnation of sex, is it?

(I'm not on my own computer so bear with me - I don't have my resources available.)

The bible character that was supposed to impregnate his brothers widow, but instead let his semen spill out on the ground... was his condemnation a broad statement against birth control? Masturbation? Or was it directed specifically at his failure to provide his brotherly duty according to custom, but instead used the occasion to entertain himself and bust a nut?

Context defines everything. And when you take into consideration the devestating effects associated with essentially telling the entire worlds gay and lesbian population, "Thou shalt not love", then I believe a proper understanding of EXACTLY what was being said, and for what reason, and toward whom is vitally important.

• irondork
    irondork

Diest: I think the bible does talk about what sort of marriage the middle eastern 'God' wanted and I dont remember same sex marriage as being and option.

Diest, I wasn't ignoring your question. In fact, I think it's an important, valid question. I spent some time asking some associates of mine (fellow gay Christians) how they would answer it. As soon as I'm back on my own computer where I keep notes, bible and spell check, I'll type up what I hope to be a reasonable answer.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP are you aware that you come across as wuite hostile and offensive ? Is your thing just 'diggin' at others ?

I'm sorry I agree it's a shame you got your feelings hurt by adult conversation. After all, this is a discussion board. If you wish your comments to be private with no one else chiming in, you should use email or a PM.

I wrote stuff in a mutual discussion with Irondork, yes. It's called a CONVERSATION. I find you have an aggressive tone and are a bit rude.

See above, it's a discussion board. It you can't handle that, well, that's YOUR problem and it's really a shame for you that you feel that way.

Getting the last word in ? Well that sounds just so childish.

thanks for the laugh though.

It's rather sad you are amused by your own hurt feelings. I can't imagine what that life must be like.

Anyway, have a pleasant day. Remember, if you DON'T want your comments replied to, then you should post them privately rather than on a public discussion forum. Otherwise, your feelings might get hurt again.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Irondork - it is clear to see form some of the neanderthals in the world exactly why people are treated so badly for being different. i guess they do not understand what it actually means to be a christian. They delight in causing pain, misery and suffering to others. School yard bullies grow up into pompous condescending arrogant ignorant bullies of a worse degree. think they are better than everyone else and like to throw stones.

Quite clear why people have to hide their thoughts and feelings from others. Ignorant will always be ignorant. some peopl cant see further than themselves. It is just the way it is I guess.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I return to my point I made a while back, if anyone has proof from the 1st century Greek that Paul used that the words he used refer to homosexual acts as such, then please present the proof.

The O.T texts have been explained, again, if you have a good argument to show that they are not talking about hetero-sexuals engaging in idolatrous sexual practices, then present your proof.

To argue that the Bible does not condone something, because it does not mention it at all, is silly. True, the Bible does not condone same sex marriage, simply because the writers are never dealing with the subject.

The problem is that you cannot use the fact that the culture at the time did thus and so as an argument that "God" instituted things that way.

Otherwise as has been pointed out, you are saying He instituted Paedophilia, Rape as a weapon of war, polygamy, Slavery and a whole host of things we now find beyond the pail.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Irondork - it is clear to see form some of the neanderthals in the world exactly why people are treated so badly for being different.

I love irony, especially the kind where someone calls people Neanderthals for someone being different, effectivly treating people in a nasty way because people get treated in a basty way.

Way to perpetuate the cirlce. Self-awareness is clearly not your forte.

Quite clear why people have to hide their thoughts and feelings from others. Ignorant will always be ignorant

For example, calling people names when being bullied is what you are complaining about.

Pro-tip for the future: you should try to not wallow in and perpetuate the very thing you are complaining about. And recent studies have shown Neaderthals were much smarter that previously thought, so, you know, read a book, too.

• irondork
    irondork

Diest, I have been thinking about your question and it comes down to something Phizzy said earlier: Just because the bible doesn't speak on a particular subject does not mean that the bible condemns it.

The entire context of this scripture at Genesis 2:24 (quoted again at Mathew 19:5):

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.”

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

If we took this scripture to literally mean that a man's only available action after leaving his parants is to marry a woman, then men who live alone or with another male roommate must be considered an abomination. Men who take a male mate must be sinful because the bible didn't address that option in this passage. (Or women who take a female mate.)

The context of this passage is discussing the first marriage. It is not creating a set of rules and regulations for the only way a man or a woman can live their life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit