Conversation with a JW coworker

by MrFreeze 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Here's a reply for you- "Sounds like you're guilty of gossiping and listening to gossipers...isn't there a scripture against that?"

Do not dignify this person with any other reply...you do not owe him any explanation.

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

I know it's hard to bite back a reply. I've made too many comebacks to count in dealing with people who have managed to get under my skin.

But I think the best way to deal is to be happy in your life. People still in want to believe their own fairytale that those who leave are miserable human beings. Any nasty retaliation is only going to confirm that belief and make him more of a self righteous jerk. it will also give him a nice chunk of gossip to take back to the herd.

I'm with Mrs. J. Keep it business related and cordial. Besides giving you the moral highground, it may, with any luck, puzzle the heck out of him :)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

All good advice. Except yours AM. It would be kind of hard to prove any harrassment from that comment unless you are in my shoes. Religion really isn't mentioned and plus, unless he was over the top about it. Honestly, it was a comment he probably didn't even realize he made.

mrsjones, I think you are spot on with your advice. I'll just keep it cordial.

• Mum
    Mum

You raise an important issue, Mr. F. As time goes on, more and more JW's will have business relationships with people they consider "apostates." Employers are not allowed to discriminate based on religion, so this situation could create a truly hostile work environment.

The great and mighty GB needs to instruct their members to start acting like grown-ups with so-called apostates. On my last job in an attorney's office, one of the clients was a JW, which I learned from her medical records. I so wanted to tell her that I, an "apostate," was working hard for her, in her best interests. I didn't want to rock the boat and potentially cause problems for my employer, so I kept quiet.

Warning to all JW's: You don't know whether your waitress, dry cleaner, medical provider, store clerk, or anyone else is an "apostate." You may be, unwittingly, being pleasant to "apostates" every day instead of shunning them like you're supposed to. Don't worry. We won't call the elders and turn you in if you come into our place of business and we serve you.

Suggestion for Watchtower article: Ask if any apostates work in any business before you go there and unwittingly speak to them as if you're two adults, not cult slave and enlightened one.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I guess this is just the way the JW's think ( if it can be called thinking!) Nobody actually starts looking for the truth, and by a process of deduction and elimination arrives at the 'Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses!' IMO it's usually a Witness with the right kind of personality who sucks unsuspecting people into the cult. So maybe the JW's think that you just followed someone... out of the cult? It's difficult for you because you can't explain yourself without risking being DF'ed.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I got the same treatment. When some friends found out I was out for 5 years, they went on this tirade of how I shouldn't let personalities keep me from meetings etc etc. I asked how they drew that conclusion. NO answer. I then state that I don't accpet doctrine. Silence. Later I hear that I left because I didn't like certain people. They just can't absorb truth about the truth.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

e2826f865f7c1f4bf5561f6788dbc17c854951a5

I found this in my schnookbag and thought it might 'encourage(TM)' you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You raise an important issue, Mr. F. As time goes on, more and more JW's will have business relationships with people they consider "apostates." Employers are not allowed to discriminate based on religion, so this situation could create a truly hostile work environment._____Mum

Great point Mum

As a co-worker a jehovah's witness could get in trouble if they try to preach at work

if the person becomes annoyed, they could report this to their employer

If it persist and they employer does nothin' it could be taken even higher

which could put that employer in jepardy of bein' sued

Hello there Mr. freeze

If he starts gettin' on your nerve, take action

He ain't trynna be friendly, he's trynna recruit you

Jehovah's witnesses don't make friends, their on a mission

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sorry you have to deal with this MrFreeze. Next time you have a chance to talk to them just blame it all on me. How there is this crazy Ex donut guy who has pulled you away from the cult I mean Borg I mean God's loving mind control people. That way you have a fall guy to fall back on. LOL No really those who are still under mind control will never really listen to reason. All you can do is keep going on with your life and show them you are doing very well. They are just looking for something bad to happen to you then they can all sit back and say see thats what happen when you leave the mindcontrol people of the Borg. Theirs is not a religion of love but of judgement. Take Care. Totally ADD

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I think I would have totally called him out on that.

Me: "That's an interesting and inaccurate assessment. Where'd you get that?"

Him: "uh... "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit