Anyone taking bets on the number of partakers this year?

by wha happened? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Even with the change to "just domestics", I can't see the number going down

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I reckon a slight increase, we shall see.

As observed on another thread, the reported number falls short of the truth (what a surprise, the WT falling short of the truth!) because judgemental Elders decide not to count those partakers who they deem unworthy in some way.

I wonder if an "awake", but attending, JWNer would have the courage to write to H.Q asking if such Elders have the right, especially as they are non-partakers themselves, to make such a decision? Who are they to say who Jehovah has called ? should not some direction on this come from H.Q ? etc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thankfully the GB declare they don't give a crap need to know.

If the WBT$ does release any figures, can they be trusted?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Last night the speaker both eloquently and methodically dispelled any reasons that someone in attendance would partake last night. Maybe it's always been that way and my senses are only now really attuned to how it all works. But by the time he was done, you knew the only thing you'd be doing is passing the plate and glass to the next person. Even if you didn't know whether or not to participate, after seeing everybody else simply passing along, you'd follow suit.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I wonder how much editing the WT is going to do on the numbers of the partakers that are turned in.

I'm wondering if there was a secret speech or a line on a form telling the counters not to count those they don't "think" are legit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

any elders out there that can say whether or not, any special instructions were given on this years partakers?

• Sulla
    Sulla

What's the over-under? +3% over 2012?

• Splash
    Splash

I know a CO who once snatched the bread away from someone as they were about to partake.

Guess they didn't get included in the figures for that year.

Splash

• undercover
    undercover

don't know 'bout everywhere, but they did not mention the number of last year's partakers at the Memorial I attended. If this is consistent with all the other meetings throughout dubdom, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop off ever announcing number of partakers within a year or two.

The speaker at the memorial I attended claimed that 12,000 partook of the emblems at last year's memorial. I'm wondering if that number is dependent on which congregation is making the claim? Did anyone else hear at their memorial a statement of how many partakers there were last year? If so, how many did they claim?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit