If Jesus arrived in Kingdom Power in 1914....is he a lame-duck savior?

by Big Mama 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, when the 144000 were all sealed and delivered to heaven, the whole experiment was complete. Is that more or less what you are thinking? It certainly has a lot of ligic to it.

S

• mP
    mP

BigMama:

So why do yuo trust a bible compiled by the Catholic Church ?

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

Satanus....something akin to that. I'm no theologian, but yeah along those lines.

mP....not sure what you're refering to.......

• Satanus
    Satanus

' I'm no theologian'

You don't have to be to be able to think clearly and cut through all the fuzz. Theologians are weavers, who collect strands, clean them up and weave them all together. Then, they make whole cloth out of it.

S

• mP
    mP

Big Mama

Your entire knowledge of the first century Christians comes from books and material presented and prepared by the Roman Catholic Church. They destroyed many other gospels many of which would seem very strange if you read them. Short of traditions there is very little to know about first century Christians not to say almost nothing. Even Paul in his own writings knows nothing of the 12 apostles, or even where or what Jesus did on earth. He knows Jesus died and thats it. If you compile a list of Pauls knowledge of Jesus you end up with basically a very short list, and he is supposed to be an authority on Jesus ?

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

Hi mP....Interesting assertions. I need to research this.Which may or may not happen. I am under the impression tho that there are more accounts of 1st century christianity (and maybe even Christ) than what the Bible tells us. Curious tho: How do you figure that Paul had no knowledge of Jesus is so limited, and that he knows nothing of the other 11 apostles.....have you read the greek scriptures?.....the the Catholics preserved, edited, and otherwise oversaw. I need to hear more...this isn'tjiving for me.

• mP
    mP

BigMama:

YOu can verify that Paul never knew Jesus yourself by either reading his writings in full or simply using some online resource to scan for Jesus, Christ, and other keywords in his writings.

You will never find Judas or Iscariot, Mary, Joseph, 12 apostles, Bethelehem, virgin birth, Crucifiction, ay mention of miracles and so on. Its quite an easy task, use a resource like BibleGateway and simply search for the terms that are relatively unique to jesus.

In fact if you do the hard work and read the entire text and write down what Paul says about Jesus you will learn only 4 facts. its amazing and sad at the same time but true. YOur list will amount to basically 4 items, Jesus died for us, was resurrected, had a brother called James, and there was also a guy called Cephas.

You can also use your WTS study aides and check all the references to Jesus by Paul.

The other option is to simply google and see what answers pro Jesus websites can give to prove their point of view that Paul did know Jesus. Their proofs will be very disappointing.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/did-paul-ever-meet-jesus/

But Paul did spend 3 years in Arabia where he received the Gospel from the Lord ( Galatians 1:11-17 ). And he made a visit to the Throne of God ( 2 Cor. 12:1-4 ) where he saw things he was not allowed to talk about. In 1 Cor. 15:3-8 , when Paul recounted all the Lord’s post resurrection appearances, he included himself as one who had seen Him. So, at some point, he apparently did have a physical meeting with the Lord.

Its amazing that while mentioning his travels to arabia, not once does Paul mention he visited where Jesus performed some miracle, was captured ut on trial, where he died or anything. Gal 1 is a short read you can easily verify this yourself.

Ever wonder why the WTS has never published in any detail the contents of the Dead Sea Scrolls ? Perhaps you have never heard of the Nag Hamadi findings or the dozens and dozens of other gospels. Perhaps you have never heard that Revelation was originally considered garbage by the Eastern Orthodox church and that Martin Luther the guy who started prostantism also thought it shouldnt be in the Bible.

I literally could give many examples but start with just the first and you will see things arent as acc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit