Appeal dismissed for failure to file opening brief. 03/26/2013 ,,,,,LOL,,,,

by maisha 55 Replies latest jw friends

• maisha
    maisha

anyone want to say the court website is incorrect?

outlaw how about your input again!

Looks like the LORD has deserted them!.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No, the court website is not wrong...They received on 3/11 notice that their opening appeal brief was not filed on a timely basis and given a deadline of 3/26 to file it by, otherwise the appeal would be dismissed...the 3/26 date is under the due date column.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Kathleen Conti just commented on a Facebook Xjw group that Watchtower "gets no more extensions"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xjwrg3/10151371194950835/?notif_t=group_comment

• TheSophist
    TheSophist

I'm dying for some new info regarding this!

• mind blown
    mind blown

They may have filed something today and it's not recorded/visable on the court site yet. At least not until the court site cache is cleared every few hours or maybe by tonight. Unless, Simons has a court clerck willing to let him know and has said something to Kathleen.....

But I'm in total hopes the WTS has given up the battle....and we can all celebrate

If I'm wrong corrections are appreciated.....

If the computer system used by the appellate court is anything like the one used by the Los Angeles Superior Court, it could take several days for the filing of the brief, a stipulated extension of time to file, or a dismissal to show up on line.

I need to correct myself. I checked the court's online information and found that the WTBTS is still represented by Jackson Lewis (their trial lawyers), as well as an additional firm that I am not familiar with. It was my understanding that the WTBTS had switched lawyers to a firm that specializes in appellate practice.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I dunno check this out......Court data was last updated @ 9:05pm 3/26/2013....and there's nothing......

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=1&doc_id=2025979&doc_no=A136641

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

It's past 10pm and the page is the same: nothing apparently filed yet...

Alec

• cedars
    cedars

My understanding is that, at this moment, it isn't over. Watchtower might have somehow pulled off a Houdini act and achieved another extension.

I am trying to find out more information.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit