Does The Governing Body Have Any Idea Of How Delusional They Look To The Educated World? Is That The Reason They Are So Against Getting A College Education?

by frankiespeakin 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I gut me kolludge edjukashunn frum reedin thu uh wake maguzeen

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

LOL Hoser.

It reminds me of the discussions at Youtube about the masturbation video:

"

JW: I'm a jehovah witnessz andd really thisz video isz stuppid jehovah has a bilbe to see whatsz riqqht and wronqq so check out tht book? and shutup makinqq upp stuff bout my congreqation

Cedars:This response is an excellent example of what happens when a religion bans higher education!"

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

For many years the Watchtower Society have tried to make young minds believe that it is the will of God himself that they abandon all ambition, or higher education, or a career, in favour of promoting their beliefs. Notice the dates on these quotes:

As you think about your future, no doubt questions run through your mind. Should I go to university and seek a career as a doctor, a lawyer, or a scientist? Does the dream of climbing the corporate ladder to financial success and recognition intrigue me? Would I become a famous name in the arts through acting or painting? Or, as a youth devoted to Jehovah god, should I choose the full-time ministry as my career…? Youths how will you use your future? For yourself or fully for Jehovah? Prayerfully consider the goal of full-time service now in your youth. Imitate Jesus by living the rest of your life ‘for God’s will.’ It will prove to be a protection from harmful worldly ambitions, careers and associations. Analyse your circumstances and set a specific date as your goal for entering full-time service. Work towards it. Pray for Jehovah’s help to attain it.

The Watchtower 15 April 1986 - pages 28-30

Remember, too, that ‘the time left is reduced.’ (1 Corinthians 7:29) How much time will you devote to such education? Will it consume the bulk of your youthful years? If so, how will you apply the Bible's encouragement to ‘remember, now, your Grand Creator in the days of your young manhood’?

The Watchtower 1 Sept.1999 Youths -Train Your Perceptive Powers!

But there is danger in encouraging them to take up a life style centred on education and financial security instead of true worship.... Plans for a life that subordinates spirituality to worldly goals can snuff out a young person’s desire to serve God.

The Watchtower 15 June 2011 - page 6

• Fernando
    Fernando

Isn't delusion designed to delude the deluded to the extent of their delusion?

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So many good comments thanks!

I think the Governing Body have a lot of repression going on super duper big time. They are having to deal cognitive dissonance every where they turn so they shelter themselves deep in the confines at bethel surrounded by yes men who never question them or if they do they do it very cautiously. In order to function they half live in a world of fantasy about a mythical deity called Jehovah the corporations sock puppet. Any thing they say about jehovah is unquestioned by those in their surroundings this is how they keep reality at a distance, no one questions them except fellow Governing Body members. That is the extent of their reality check point: questioning by fellow delusionaries.

So the Governing Body's delusions over the evils of higher education stem primarily from the bullshit they as a collective all project on to it. And part of the motivation for the negative projection may be that they have some idea how delusional they sound to the educated masses.

So I can safely say they won't be giving any speeches on TED Talks Confrence, or at a University sponsored event in front of intellectuals.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The Governing Body’s take on education is for the rank-and-file, as others have noted. They couldn’t care less how outsiders perceive it as these same outsiders will be destroyed at the ‘rapidly approaching great tribulation.’ The aim of their disparagement of education is to keep their followers under tight mind control. Higher education would break that hold by allowing their minds to function and think critically again. That is something the ruling elite wants to prevent at all costs.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit