The one question cult members can never answer

by trujw 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trujw
    trujw

I wad reading an article on cults and one question struck me that you should ask any group before you join. In our case we can direct it to the gb. Here is the question. "What ten mistakes in your opinion has the governing body made in the last 100 years." The article pointed out if you get a blank stare it is most likely a cult. This question seems like a real brain twister for jws in that the gb are only men, imperfect and can make mistakes. I would love to ask this next time I meet one out in service. I really can't think of what they could say and may start a little bit of real thinking. What does the forum think? "" If you have any doubts about whether the cult worships the guru, just ask a member, "What are the 10 biggest mistakes that the guru made in setting up the organization and formulating its doctrines?" True believers will give you a look of horror and insist that the guru has never made any mistakes... "The very idea is unthinkable." http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html#cq_guru_right

• Satanus
    Satanus

What 10 mistakes did jesus make?

S

• trujw
    trujw

we are in the non fiction section of the forum satanus

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yabbut, its to test for cults. We have a few jesus followers on board.

S

• trujw
    trujw

For one he could get his butt out of heaven and come down to earth already. I understand wanting to make a grand entrance and all but geez my local catholic charity can use some help.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

excellent article trujw although Jehovahs witnesses do admit that the organisation makes mistakes, but to the extent that they still feel the FDS are above reproach and that the the effects of the mistakes they make are insignificant and that Jehovah continues to use them as they are the only ones dispensing truth, your points (and the points in the articel) fit.

The article also goes on to discuss how cult members are taught to distrust their own feelings,mind and judgement. I like the analogy of spousal abuse.

• trujw
    trujw

Thanks soft. I thought it was a great article also many good points to ponder.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

in reply to satanus, the Jesus of the gospels expresses more breakaway experiences than cementing ones.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If i get into a discussion w a christian, i think i'll ask them the question. Likely, they will say he was perfect and didn't make any. Right. Cult?

S

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe you should ask the question to Jehovah , what 10 mistakes have you made these past 6000 years according to JW`s theology .?

1.Creating a perfect man Adam , who turned out not to be perfect

2.Creating a perfect female companion for Adam who turned out not to be perfect

3.Creating perfect Angels/spirit creatures ( Satan ) who turned out not to be perfect

4.Creating lower animals that turned out to be just that ,lower animals ,imperfect ( the snake )

5.Promising deliverance and salvation to your worshippers that you never honoured.

6.Providing a so called word of God "The Bible" which can be interpretated any which way you want according to your will ,as is demonstrated by the hundreds, if not thousands of sects, claiming to base their beleifs on the bible .

7.And the one final question I would ask Jehovahs Witnesses is , why in their 130+ years of witnessing for jehovah he/she has never validated their expectations ,directions ,prophecys/interpretations by the WTB&TS to stamp his approval as HIS WITNESSES at this time

8.He/She has not done so in 130 + years so it is obvious to a blind man that God is not with these people

9. 1874 ,1914 , 1918 ,1925, the 1940,s , 1975 , These are all well documented dates of failed watchtower predictions.

10.I hope cult members can now answer these questions , and be set free.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit