OMG once and for all, whats this idea of a three fold prophesy??

by sowhatnow 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well it happened again, i got annoyed at my mom telling me all about the CO visit , and i couldn't help myself, i said' oh god mom its like the pope is visiting, all that info can be told with the regular elders you don't need 'special' people .

subjects ensue,

she says 'your misled, your so wrong, no one else on the planet has the beliefs that we do, we are the only ones with the truth, I dont follow men, bla bla.

, 40 minuets... , misquotes all over the place, isaiah this and that, yada yada ' j"vah has to have an earthy organization to give us the proper food, bla bla. i say ' no jesus is Gods mediator, we don't need men and were told not to listen to men for they are imperfect.'

and then the big one she ends with....

"the bibles prophesies have a three fold fulfillment." so she says. then she says 'im not arguing with you anymore my heat breaks for you.' and she says goodbye. [meanwhile ill be there at her house painting tomorrow]

someone tell me what scriptures any JW has ever used to support that?

i told her I want the scriptures to back it up. well you know, Ive said that half a dozen times with no results.

i want to be ready for that is she brings it up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

we are the only ones with the truth, I don't follow men

Your mama contradicts herself.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    If you want to be ready i suggest copious amounts of alcohol
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Your mom sounds like she's following old 'light'. Double fulfillment was supposed to be based on the Type/anti-type method of interpreting the Bible which I know hear the Watchtower doesn't teach. I don't know where she got the triple fulfillment though.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I find that you can't tell a JW anything, they think they are right and everyone else is wrong and logic means nothing. Next time ask her to explain the three fold prophecy. I doubt she will be able to, and if she does, don't point out the obvious logical fallacies, just say you don't understand xyz, ask her to explain further. The average JW has only a cursory understanding of their beliefs and once you get past that they are lost.

But you still won't get anywhere, she will probably just shut down and get mad at you.

I suggest talking about the weather.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't know where she got the triple fulfillment though.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Ohhhhhhhhh! That's the Trinity!

Doc

• kaik
    kaik
    I heard the theology of threefold prophecy in the past outside JWs. I believe it was borrowed from fundamentalist evangelical movements in the 19th century. First prophecy was for Ancient Jews, second for early Christians, and the third prophecy was for a modern times.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Why don't you just go for the throat and inform your mother that the bible is full of contradictions and prophecies that didn't come true. Then mention Isaiah 17:1 Damascus destroyed for ever, Tyre destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar didn't happen making Ezekiel and Jeremiah false prophets. Also Egypt being conquered by that same guys and the Egyptians speaking Hebrew, all these didn't happen. If she will let you keep going then mention to her that the ideas of a spirit and it going to heaven as well as returning to live in paradise after ones heart condition is judged come from the Egyptian book of the dead.

Sometimes you just have to be blunt!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

In a recent thread a poster here said the type/ anti-type prophecies are supposed to be 'old light' now. Unless the Bible specifically states they have a two- fold or three-fold fulfilment. Can't find the recent post about it but perhaps someone else can find the watchtower ref. for you. Don't know if there's any point showing it to your Mum but good luck with it anyway.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Ask your mom to explain how the Org arrives at the year 1919 for its doctrines.

I don't know any Witness who understands this or can even try to explain/justify it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit