Why Did Jesus Address His Apostles As A Little Flock?

by wannabe 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

So, to recap, the "little flock" is either:

A. One hundred and forty-four thousand individuals (which we agree it's not);

B. Jesus' apostles, the pillars of spiritual Israel;

C. Jesus' disciples, as opposed to interested ones;

D. Jesus' Jewish followers, as opposed to Gentiles;

E. A lot of short people (courtesy of GromitSK).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I feel that it was an affectionate term, and that most people over-think it. Especially those who want to set themselves up as rulers over their fellow slaves. I would bet that it was a term for his closest disciples. He also said that he had other sheep. It's pretty simple if you are not trying to make billions from your explanation..

Peace,

DD

• garyneal
    garyneal

Augh, copy and paste. If I wanted to read the something from the WT, I would've just looked at the books and mags my wife has. Why do I have to see that here?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why did Jesus call his disciples a "little flock" in Luke 12:32?

Simply to distinguish them from the "crowd [that] had gathered together in so many thousands" in verse 1.

Reading this verse in context makes a mockery of Witness dogma based on ripping verses from their context.

• wannabe
    wannabe

I'm happy to say you got that out of your system as you did. Hope that makes you feel better. I think, though, it would pay you to read Matthew 11:25. Of course I picked up on your snide innuendo, but, I'm thinking, so did Jehovah who of course will hold you accountable for that. You just might try adding something constructive to the conversation rather than make yourself out to be the most intelligent person alive. You should also know Jehovah chose men unlettered and ordinary to give his truths to. That of course lets you out. To you his word is hidden as you read. Your attitude will change when Zephaniah's Prophecy is fulfilled. Zephaniah 1:14-18 Wannbabe

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Wannabe now wants a babe ?

Wannabe or Wannbabe, you have not answered the counter points offered to your theory. See Bobcat's post above.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who are you talking to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit