What exactly IS it to be a Jehovah's Witness anyway??

by Terry 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Men talking utter rubbish and women nodding and going along.

Pretending that all the things you DON'T do that makes life enjoyable for others makes you better than them.

Explaining things you don't quite understand to others who don't much care and counting that as time well spent.

Waiting for somebody else to stop talking so that you can explain how wrong they are.

Sitting on a folding chair with eyes glazed and surreptitiously moving your sleeve cuff just enough to peek at how much l-o-n-g-e-r it will be.

Raising your hand to paraphrase the obvious with a sense of discovery.

Cutting a family member dead when you see them out in public with joy of knowing how much it hurts them and benefits you with Jehovah.

Being able to find fault with everybody and everything without hesitation not having the least idea of what those people or things are all about.

Telling a friend in confidence about a family problem and hearing it back from an Elder the next day.

Explaining to your children why the idea of God destroying everybody else's children soon is going to be wonderful.

Underlining scriptures with highliter pen so often your bible looks like a mustard stain inside.

Watch a dog owner standing by expectantly and proudly as a few turds are sqeezed out and rushing over to snatch them up and

you pretty much understand the joy of waiting on New Light.

Hearing about child molestation in the Catholic Church and being smug about how fortunate you are to be in a Kingdom Hall instead.

Suddenly realizing next year is going to be 2014 and that it has been ONE HUNDRED YEARS since Jesus returned invisibly to ...do...um...something.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

You missed the most important...when I was active there were a lot of nice girls in the congregations. If you can stand the JW lifestyle you will have a lot of women to pick and chose from.

But I think that the same could be sait about a "normal" church aswell.

• Terry
    Terry

If you can stand the JW lifestyle you will have a lot of women to pick and chose from.

If you want to turn a real woman into a blowup doll on Xanax--the Kingdom Hall is definitely the place for you.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

If you can stand the JW lifestyle you will have a lot of women to pick and chose from.

When I think back to all my JW friends that were my age and the status of their marriages here's what I come up with:

M. and S.- Divorced

D. and P.- Divorced

D. and M.- Still together and living about 15 miles from Walkill

D. and M.- Divorced

J. and K.- Divorced

etc., etc., etc.

All JWs.

The list would be much longer with more reflection.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Being a JW means:

Never really living life because you are waiting for the other shoe to drop.. Also, having a crappy sex life because you want to make sure the GB would approve of what you are doing in the bedroom. This continues until you lose all interest in what should be a natural enjoyable activity. You often wonder if you find yourself single again, will you be anything other than emotional baggage for someone else...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What exactly IS it to be a Jehovah's Witness anyway??

A smiling sales Representative for the WTS. with all assuming pre-programmed indoctrination that the WTS. devises and makes up to lure people

to their publications and the organization itself, its really that simple.

But of course its much much more, such as who are to be your closest friends, what you are to read, how you are dressed

and everytrhing else to promote the image of the organization. When you become a JWS you essentially turn off your brain and let the org.

do your thinking for you. Perhaps for some people this may end up being a good thing but for many and most its not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

To be JW is to live under a totalitarian regime run by scammers who are only interested in taking your money.

• Terry
    Terry

North Korea has nothing on the Watchtower corporation's all encompassing grip on power over other people's lives.

• designs
    designs

Kim Jung Un, Kimmy as we like to call him, is just a tad bit crazier than Splane.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Being a JW has its redeeming features - those vivid fantasies of violent destruction that is soon going to befall anyone who disagrees with your preachments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit