The big bang theory

by Pterist 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Twenty years before Leonard there was...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hj0Y2vuAMg

Pretty much the same.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

None.

BAZINGA!

....one of my best, don't you think.

• jemba
    jemba

I love them all, its hard to pick one. I am desperate for Sheldon to have sex with Amy.... and like it!

• jemba
    jemba

Im in Australia so hopefully no one reads my post and goes OMG that already happened. We are always behind the US.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

Big Bang Theory seems too contrived.

Surely sitcoms are contrived by their very nature? The clue is in the laughter from the studio audience, as well as the fact that these people live in apartments with one wall missing! What matters is not the believableness but the humor, surely?

Cedars

• irondork
    irondork

I think Rajesh Koothrappali is resplendent as the noon day sun.

• BroMac
    BroMac

My favourite bit is the opening tune and listening to my Wife sing the whole way through I just smile and say nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYZGT4ZAf8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,

Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
    The Earth began to cool,
    The autotrophs began to drool,
    Neanderthals developed tools,
    We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
    Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
    That all started with the big bang!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What I mean is that they are meant to be really smart and we are supposed to be surprised when they are socially inept. But it happens so frequently that it can hardly be surprising like the hundredth time Sheldon fails to understand the concept of greed or some such. Plus there are frequent hints that they are not even as smart as they think they are. (Like Sheldon believes he has made a scientific discovery and really it is just a misunderstanding) So what are they really apart from simply socially awkward individuals who failed to grow up? And why are forty year olds behaving like teenagers anyway?

The girl next door is the only likeable character among them, and pretty too.

• BroMac
    BroMac

The best character is Howards Mom

• TD
    TD

My wife is a big fan, so we watch it regularly.

My only real criticism is that the script writers regularly make mistakes on things that technically minded people would know. Sheldon's fear about the 'Check Engine' light in Penny's car is a good example. All this light really means anymore is that the emission system has returned an error code. It doesn't mean the car is unsafe to operate.

Overall though I enjoy the show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit