Real joy and satisfaction in life are unattainable if we live independently of Watchtower

by BlindersOff1 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Lol Apognophos, that would be a great comment!

The WT is so full of it! Seeing my former JW sister and friends living great, happy lives helped me realize the religion wasn't "the truth." They were so much happier being out of the religion, and I am too.

• Glander
    Glander

...and, don't forget...under these "subtle" reminders to JW's as to the WTB&TS authority over their lives, is the iron fist in the velvet glove.

Shunning has varying degrees of impact on each individual, but my guess is that the vast majority of JW's simply cannot afford to risk the threat that their very lives can be hugely impacted, if not destroyed, by being cut off from family, spouses and friends. It is a trap. You will either quit struggling and go along or you WILL pay a price.

Those of us who paid the price of freedom can now post on JWN, etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Are they talking about the Creator of those not God's chosen people--SATAN? Last I knew, Satan works with people to try and make them independent--and takes delight in doing this. Problem is, joke-hova interferes. Many people are not able to open their souls because of past lives as xians and/or because they have been abused (usually spiritually) as children and much of the spiritual abuse is ongoing. But, Satan wants His People to grow independent--unlike joke-hova who wants people to depend on that thing so it can enslave them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Appeal to authority

Appeal to fear

Straw man

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There many diverse vestiges of propaganda the WTS. uses to attract people and maintain continuing support out of those people,

much of that is pure utter lies and misinformation.

This is how cults operate more or less, there is a tactic to lure people as well a tactic to maintain them under their direct control.

The real fact is many JWS suffer emotional and mental problems directly a result of the constant drumming of the world is going to

end soon and the constant guilt tripping the WTS. places on to people to serve the needs and wants of this truly corrupt publishing house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit