shunning wrecks families

by bigmac 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Bigmac you are appreciated and respected here for telling us your story and together, inch by inch we can make things better for the next generation, until one day this little cult will dry up and blow away in the wind.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A tragic story. All too common.

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Sorry BigMac. I feel for you. This cult is such bullshit. Like clarity said, "the audacity to mess with poeple's family." These sad toads in the GB are not worthy of living among humans let alone leading and controling some. The worst part about it is how they can so slyly shift the guilt from their shoulders to the "Apostates" and those that have been kicked out, and our families take the bait hook line and sinker. Our families feel we are to blame and the GB are near squeaky clean. So sad. At least you have some sort of a relationship with your son... Cherish it. You're valued here.

Breath

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey Malc, you're valued here, but not as much as you are valued in the South Coast Aposta-circuit!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

TheJehovah's Witnesses have torn my family for 30 years now. I come from a family of six, four boys and two girls, I am the youngest. We didn't become dubbies until I was 13, my sister first, then all of us except for one brother. My sister was DA first, then two of my brothers. My oldest brother disfellowshipped himself after his wife left him for another man, but was reinstated after five years. My parents were were fairly strict with shunning, although it killed my mother, they occasionally had some contact, then came the Watchtower inflicted guilt, then back to shunning, lather, rinse, repeat. I saw them occasionally, but felt guilty.

I finally left, after 30 years. My sister and I went to see our mom shortly before she died. When we got home, we each got a letter saying she wanted to die with a clean conscience, so she couldn't talk to us again. Then she wondered why I didn't call. I wasn't there when she passed away.

I was glad to be able to talk to my siblings again, especially my sister, but she eventually went back after 30 years, only because she was cut off from her grandchildren. She shuns me now. I haven't talked to my oldest brother in ten years.

Now we have a whole other generation of children, most of whom do not know each other. Before the JWs, we were a happy, close family, with frequent get togethers. All that is gone. All we have is bits and pieces, no real family. I am lucky that neither of my children bought into it, my grandchildren know nothing of this horrid religion, and I am sure happy about that. The insanity is stopped on my part.

There is nothing good in a religion that inflicts this kind of damage,pain and guilt on its members. There is no good that can come of it. It's evil. I miss my sister, my brother, and my nieces and nephews.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Wow Bigmac, that is such a sad story. It makes me angry that so many good people have lost their families because of the WTBTS. They have so much blood on their hands because of their disgusting rules. I hope some day you will be able to reconnect with the rest of your family.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry BigMac.

It is my opinion as a non/never been a jw that these stories of shunning should be made more public. When I discuss jw's with people they have no clue about the shunning and usually think I exagerate these shunning stories.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perhaps these are the kind of public interest stories that would interest the media when the Dist Conv is coming to town.

(?)

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit