Would you call JW HQ???

by DATA-DOG 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

It will go one of three ways, in descending likelihood.

1. He's told to wait on Jehovah and don't cause ructions in the meantime.

2. He's reprimanded by the elders on the say so of the CO who has now been involved.

3. They ask him to come and join them on the GB.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'd give him a scriptural answer, which effectively tells him that it's none of his business to try and "correct" the Org's corrupt thinking - because they will listen to no one!!

(2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) "But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

Don't try to reason on the Bible with those in control at HQ/Branches who know exactly what they're doing, because they will not be lectured to by anyone!

The Pharisees who were running the "business" of religion would not listen to Christ himself, so those who are running the Org have the same thinking & practices!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

So....no "real" JW will put faith in anything said by a cowardly "closet" partaker.

My view.

I always felt if I was to partake it would be joining the body, part of the FDS class as they were identified at the time and would therefore be responsible for any things that are taught as I believed the FDS class were responsible for the spiritual food. I felt similar regarding the elder body and the decisions they came to.

I would think the Governing Body give a lot of consideration to their decisions and would not think that there was anything one might add that they hadn't considered and if I believed that they were directed in some way by the holy spirit I think my money may be wasted on the phone call.

• Mephis
    Mephis

Fair play to your friend for wanting to see change. But, as others have said, the results will either be disappointing or your friend will find themselves in the back room answering the loyalty question. If your friend is willing to challenge evasions, misstatements and outright falsehoods, then s/he's showing that they're not being loyal to the GB. And if s/he isn't willing to challenge and push then what is his/her hope for the conversation to accomplish?

It doesn't really matter if you give name, congregation or claim to be the appointed if the GB wave the apostate stick in your direction. There's enough already who've been down that road to show that.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

He has good intentions and he should feel the comfort and opportunity to open up. Unfortunately, they will "eliminate him" if he gives his name, congregation, etc. I agree with one poster, they eliminated Ray Franz. They DO NOT want thinkers in this cult, just conformers.

I kuddo him for trying. I am a open honest and candid person but I will not allow these idiots the pleasure to usurp any power over me or my family. They had enough (not much) power over us, all of our lives, I will not allow them any more than that.

Life goes on...go out and enjoy it!!!

I believe it's DOC that always says..."the best revenge is living a happy and successful life." I couldn't agree more!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Seriously, when the receptionist doesn't patch him through, then what?

Will he see that the anointed are not all one big happy family? There's a youtube of John Cedars calling a GB member directly (tight pants Tony). If there were a chance of some random calling, I am sure that recent call ruined that for him.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

First, I'm a little confused because you mention your friend (singular) but then refer to "they" (plural). I'm assuming your post is about one friend. At any rate, I highly doubt your friend will get much past the first level of security. He will likely get past the receptionist, and then maybe one more level, but to actually speak to a GB member? No way. GB members are not available to speak to ordinary rank-and-file and the fact that your friend is anointed will mean nothing.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I will be very interested in hearing the convo!

• Tech49
    Tech49

The intentions of your friend are genuine. Certainly, he SHOULD be able to call in and get to talk candidly to another "annointed" one, and a member of the GB without any fear of repercussion for his questions. One of his fellow "rulers". Will it happen? No, not a chance. Despite what anyone in WT will have you believe, there is in fact a huge clergy/laity distinction. He is NOT one of the elite, the glorious, the privileged.

But all of us here know that. Your friend may not realize it quite yet, but being annointed, or a partaker of emblems, means little. In fact, it probably puts him at an even greater disadvantage at having the chance to speak to any of the "chosen ones". Anyone at the switchboard, or reception, or even the service desk, will instantly brand him as a kook, and mentally instable.

Sadly (?) for him, this will be a wake up call for sure. His heart will be crushed, and then he will begin to awaken.

To answer your original question..Yes, I would call, or email, or write, if I thought for a minute that I could speak to a fellow heavenly ruler. Now, not so much..

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Before the day is over, his congregation elders would have been tipped off by Bethel, and he will be in serious boiling water. Just watch...

Eden

• Giordano
    Giordano

The WTBTS society was almost destroyed by 3 or 4 schisms until the early 1930's. They lost upwards of 70% of the international bible students.

Since they rebuilt and regained believers their hard line is that the rank and file is to believe in the Society exclusively be they right or wrong. In fact their is no wrong just new light. With the money and property they control they no longer need any doubt casters. Think Scientology as a role model.

They don't care about your 'partaker' in fact he or she has become a distraction that they would prefer be eradicated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit