Elders sink to a new low....

by NoRegrets 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

So one of my best friends has been DFed for many years. His invalid grandmother slipped into a coma is likely to pass away soon. He went to the hospital to see her before her time. Most all of his family are still JWs and his uncle was the longtime P.O./now C.O.B.E. Apparently his JW family thought this would be a great time to try to "witness" to him. The elder uncle said "if you were in good standing, you would have all of your friends to help you through this difficult time". Unf#&$ing believable! That is so despicable! My friend replied that he had many friends now, including me, which made the uncle bristle at the mention of my name as a friend! Rather than be happy he said what a bitter guy I am! (Which I'm truly not, I'm happier than ever. Furthermore, he would have no idea what I'm like now as I have seen or talked to none of those people for years!) I think we know who the bitter ones are when they find out that we have moved on and made new and better friends and relationships!!!

No Regrets

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If it was not against the law, I would have slapped his face hard.

• Ding
    Ding
    "if you were in good standing, you would have all of your friends to help you through this difficult time".

"If you were truly Christians, you would be doing so."

• irondork
    irondork

He should have added that he also has a wonderful new family while addressing his uncle as Mr. [last name].

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

The elder uncle said "if you were in good standing, you would have all of your friends to help you through this difficult time".

What the elder uncle really meant. "If you were still in this mind destructive cult, you would have all of us assholes to help you through this difficult time."

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

That drawing says it all doesnt it

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yeah, JW elders have no shame about the crap they will pull in a time like this.

My uncle was dying and I was there at his death bed side when an elder told me to go find a place by myself to wait for news because I was making all the JW's uncomfortable by being there. I stormed out and gathered all of my stuff and was leaving when my mother called my cell phone to tell me that no one had said anything about me being there and I was needed by my dying uncle and his wife as support to my family. My aunt then got on the phone and talked to me some more to calm me down and begged me to come back. The elder left, not me. I went home later that night after my uncle has passed and googled JW's and found this place and a few others. That was almost 8 years ago now. That elder knows what he did, because my family made a stink about it. Of course now the scales are gone from my eyes and I will never go back. Thanks Mr elder. Up to that point I had always left the door open to going back.

• tiki
    tiki

so so amazing how in a time of distress where the attention should be on the dying individual, they have to throw barbs......absollutely so rude and insensitive. and to throw out there that you are a loser because you don't have their support?!?!? how is it that they can assume that you need them?

hang in there, my friend.........

• designs
    designs

I had an older elder try and pull that on me at a family dinner so I just started talking to him about supporting the local Food Bank, homeless shelters etc, he got the point.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

So last night, he was visiting her before going to work at his night job. One of his extra-crazy JW aunts grabbed his hand and grandma's and said "she wants you to see her in the new system! To see her young again!" So despicable and sickening!

No Regrets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit