Need Help: What Would You Try to Tell Current JW's?

by daringhart13 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gal 5:4

YOU are parted from Christ, whoever YOU are that try to be declared righteous by means of law; YOU have fallen away from his undeserved kindness.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Ask the to count from 1914 to the present. See how many people are still living. Did not the watchtower publication advertise that "million now living will neer die?"

Scott77

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Target something they said that doesn't make sense, is hypocritical, or is contradicted by the WT, or their Bible.

If you ask the right question they will lie about WT doctrine so that they don't look like The Crazies. Get them to promise to read *** article. Know how to direct them to articles you want them to read that make their church leaders look like right twits.

• Terry
    Terry

Read the following short article on a very special man and then ask yourself:

What would have happened if this man had been converted into becoming a Jehovah's Witness?

(Answer: 2 Million babies would be dead!)

James Harrison has magical blood.

Specifically, his blood contains an extremely rare enzyme that can be used to treat babies dying of Rhesus disease. If you've never heard of that disease and figure it's not a big deal, well, wait for the numbers.

Harrison, being a generous type, has donated his rare, life-saving blood roughly 1,000 times over 56 years. This has saved the lives of--seriously, you're not going to believe this--over two million babies around the world.

"Yeah, two million. I'm hoping to hit three, but whatever. I'm in it for the babies."

The whole thing is kind of a "pay it forward" situation for Harrison, who needed major chest surgery when he was 13-years old, and soaked up 13 liters of blood over the course of three months. "The blood I received saved my life so I made a pledge to give blood when I was 18." This has turned out to be the second most important vow in history.

Not only is he continuing to save lives every day now that he's entering his twilight years, but his blood has also been used to develop a vaccine called Anti-D to keep those babies safe. Forever.

• steve2
    steve2

This man is an absolute hero!

Sadly, but unsurprisngly though, he will never make the front cover of Awake! magazine - or even a mention in the Watching the World section. However, were there, say, even one baby that still died out of the 2 million saved you can bet the JWs would trumpet this tiny little statistic far and wide.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Thank you for each response......I'm collecting my thoughts on this subject and each of you gave me new things to think about.

I want to keep this thread alive and really consider everyone's thoughts....

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Terry

That's a great story. Just think of how many JWs babbies that will be denied his help.

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

I invite them in and have great discussions. Sharing the word of God with each other .

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

If you think you could pull it off, a recent post, actually it's a youtube video, using 3 or 4 scriptures to have them read out of the NWT, then ask the question "Did Jehovah God ever die?" This pays special importance to the Alpha and Omega, or First and Last. Rev 1:8, ( God or Jesus?) rev 21:6.7, ( God or Jesus?) Rev 22:12.13, (the answers they give are not what you spend time arguing over, but you an point out the context of the verse and go on.) then the kicker Rev 1:17, 18...and then ask the question.

Rev 1:17,18 - "So when did Jehovah God die?"

17 And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet.

And he laid his right hand upon me and said: “Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Ha′des.

• Ding
    Ding

I would try to tell them to read what the Bible really says in context rather than turning over their thinking to the WT with its peculiar definitions, isolated verses and half verses, and cherry-picked proof-texts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit