Memorial Invites from Door to Door?

by NeonMadman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Someone came with an invitation for me Saturday, and it had an invite to the special talk as we.. A two-for?

• finally awake
    finally awake

so far no invite for us - our door must be demon infested LOL

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I haven't recieved an invitation yet...actually no JWs have come by in weeks. I think they think I've moved away and someone else lives here now. Or something. I have no clue. It could be the giant cross on my door though

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Someone came with an invitation for me Saturday, and it had an invite to the special talk as we.. A two-for?

This has been the same in the past, with an invite also for the special talk. At the end of the Memorial, there is an announcement about the special talk and all are invited to attend.

The problem is, all the visitors are so confused about the other sheep, the bride of Christ, the little flock, the great crowd, the anointed, the 24 elders and the rejecting of the sacred emblems that they don't feel like going back.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Just put a "FOR SALE by OWNER",w/ "SOLD!" sign on the front lawn.....with an out of area phone number on it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have been handing out these wastes of paper since 2008, and I am not sure about before then. It is also a complete waste of time, since they are supposed to do more preaching than normal during this period, plus stop their regular preaching and use special territory maps that disregard past not-interested's.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In 7 years I only got one invite left in my postbox - ripped up and treated it like it was demonised - can't just accept any old thing in ones' home you know.

• sir82
    sir82

It's primarily a push to get inactive, irregular, and "low hour" publishers busy again.

As in, "We'll make it easy on you, you don't have to say much, just pass out the invitations".

They do the same thing with invitations to the district convention, which of course is patently absurd. Most JWs live 100 or more miles away from the relatively few convention cities, and less-common foreign language conventions can be thousands of miles away. Who's going to drive hours away to listen to a boring Bible lecture sponsored by those annoying people who wake you up on Saturday mornings?

But it is a feel-good busy-work type of activity, which is what the WTS seems to be specializing in these days.

• sspo
    sspo

Waste of time trying to get people to the KH. Never seen anyone showing up by receiving an invitation.

No one cares about JW and what they are doing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit