In WT world, here is a spectrum of words used about a matter:

Wrong (as in DF'g wrong)

Behavior that will get you marked

Gray area

Ok to all

Good

Beneficial

Exemplary

Where on the spectrum is hoping your df'd one will come back?

"Not wrong".

Finish the implied thought though: Hoping your family member will return to Jehovah is not wrong, [but it is useless, fruitless, a waste of time, means you lack faith].

There is an implied remainder to the saying, it is not wrong............but.

Or, it isn't wrong, per say; it isn't wrong in itself.

There is an implication to that statement that is not finished in the paragraph, but in the minds of many, maybe most, it will finish that hoping for your df'd one to come back is a waste of time and emotion, and betrays a lack of commitment.

• warehouse
    warehouse

DATA-DOG wrote:

The extreme control that we exert over you exists so that we can extend leniency towards those who cannot meet our standards.

Couldn't agree more; or have said it any better myself. One thing that drives me up a goddamn wall is when they try to talk about marriage/dating. The fucking first line of almost every article is some derrogatory/negative experience, so that they can line up whatever "counsel" contained thereafter as "wisdom in such a wicked world". It's a physcological smear-campaign of words, designed to make their viewpoint look like the solution to peoples failures.

Fucking assholes, I swear to god. If you would just encourage and train people to believe in themselves, YOU WOULD'NT HAVE TO DEAL WITH HALF THE IDIOTIC PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Definitely loaded language, which is even more effective on highly sensitive people who have the knack for sensing what's being said between the lines.

Interesting discussion!

Phae

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit