NLP, Subliminal Messages and the WT Writing Department

by 00DAD 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

"Wrong" is the word that has the most impact in that sentence. I thought it was oddly worded too. Why not say, "It is only natural to hope...." Definitely some subliminal jerking around going on.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I do believe particular wording is deliberate in magazines.

Those already indoctrinated see the significance but the uninitiated won't have a clue.

Loaded language is their speciality.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Straight and Crooked Thinking is a good book to see behind the "words"

Free copy.....sorry cant make the link clickable on my iPad.

http://neglectedbooks.com/Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking.pdf

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Coupla deep conversations on this subject:

link

LINK

I do believe they use NLP

Lifeistooshorts experience with hypnotism

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Just my thoughts - "right" and "not wrong" are not linguistically equivalent. If you tell someone they are "not wrong" about a certain proposition, it leaves some uncertainty as to what actually is right. So you can weasel out of it later by saying you never made any claim.

• Balaamsass2
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere

I have NLP training and agree...and recognized how the wt uses emotional manipulation, anchors, etc. They very clearly understand and know exactly the impact they want to have.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I agree, HeyThere, and thanks to B'sass for boosting the post.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I once thought that the writers were not well-educated. When I have a chance, I read the lit at JW.org. They are purposefully choosing very word. Sometimes the writers strike me as choosing odd phrases. I don't have the background to analyze it in more detail. Also, how do they achieve such a neutral tone when so many are writing. It is eerie.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Reminds me of the confusion and guilt I felt years ago as I read an article that didn't quite answer the question of whether it was okay to pray for a DF'd person.

The number of confused prayers I said about my DF'd child was endless.

The statement about "right" being different than "not wrong" is very correct.

Only in math does a double negative become a positive - not in English.

Double negatives are an essential part of accurate speech.

Unfortunately, the WTS does use as a CYA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit