Circuit Oversears treated like gods...did this happen in your Hall!!!

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Well YES some but not all! But for the most part COs, or those who served at BeAtTell are treated as Royalty. I base this on what I have seen, and like what many others have related here...I've observed.

Sw

• Inisc
    Inisc

This used to always bug me, I could never understand why everyone got so excited about the C.O visit.

Everyone wore their best suits, went out in FS more that week, got all giddy at the "encouragement"

even as a kid I used to think he's just a human guy, what is the big deal?

and it made the book study meeting an hour longer. Oh so wonderful. Not.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Whenever we visit my mother-in-law she is always talking about what the elders said or what the circuit overseer said. She talks as if Jehovah himself was there in the flesh. She couldn't be more impressed if he was. Actually she never mentions Jehovah, it's always the elders, CO, Bethel brothers and wives of these " wonderful, worthy of worship" people.

A CO that once visited held a barbecue and invited "selected" people, MIL was one of them. Well, didn't we hear about that for ages after.

Another CO visited us a couple of years ago and after the visit was over, it was announced to our cong that he had been disfellowshipped. So much for him being a god.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I just read Auntconnie's comment about being a CO's wife. Would love to show that to the mother-in-law. Problem is, she wouldn't read it and even if she did, she would not believe it was a CO's wife.

What an agonising time she is going to have in the circiit work or maybe the adulation will be enough to keep her going. You never know, she may meet an attractie, sexy brother in the circuit and run off with him. Wouldn't be the first time!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hello AuntCO...

• momentofsurrender
    momentofsurrender

One of my most memorable CO experiences will be forever burned in my mind. I was preteen - maybe 10-11 years old. We had a CO couple assigned to our circuit that my parents already knew and were friends with. They had been our CO when we lived in another state and knew my parents since I was an infant. My mom especially idolized the CO's wife, who from my memory was a truly nice woman. Anyway, my parents volunteered to provide lunch after the Sunday meeting. My mom spent days preparing a special brunch for them - I mean hours upon hours and went to quite a bit of expense. We sit down to eat and the CO looks at the meal, says it looks disgusting and asks if we can make him somthing else. It wasn't a strange or odd cuisine, and there were several brunch type options - pancakes, omelets, meat items - but he didn't want any of it. I can still see the look of dejection in my mom's face. My mom wasn't trying to show off, she really just wanted to make sure they had a special meal.

The CO later became our DO - we saw him often through the years, but I could never look him in the face again. How someone who was supposed to represent a god of love and be an example to flock could be so callous and unkind will stick with me forever.

• fulano
    fulano

We in the netherlands had the greatest bold and fat annointed AH CO I ever met, Herman Steenkamp.

He got df because of being gay, had sex with a unbaptized publisher. Now after years reinstated. My question to my jw parents was...did you have 143.999 heavenly bastards those years, because we were always told that earthly hope was not a second class department. So the bender must be back in heavenly business now. Or do they have 144.001 now? No answer on that up to now.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Over the years C.O. treatment seemed to swing back and forth depending on how much power they were given by HQ.

In the 60s they were Gods and always looking for green handshakes. 3rd Gens Dad gave Jeracz $10,000. Afterwards he called him "Teddy".

In the late 70s they seemed to be just another "Elder" for years. Some Elder bodies just blew them off. I was sent to a congregation "Need was great" where most of elder body just decided to no longer go in service. The C.O. could do nothing- he had no power, and told me so.

A few years later they became Gods again and the CO hit me up for $$, expensive lunches and Golf expenses. I declined.

About 15 years ago they lost power again - and I watched a local CO have no power when a Body of Elders (mostly a couple of families) had wife swapping between cousins who were Elders and MS and everyone got private reproof. The C.O. was told to pound salt when he tried to break up the hall and remove the elders. The Elders told the desk the C.O. must have dementia and be imagining things. Nothing happened and no one was disfellowshipped or removed!!!!! At that time I knew elders who PLANNED vacations to avoid COs in other halls and in my family.

I have no idea what things are like this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit