Circuit Oversears treated like gods...did this happen in your Hall!!!

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karter
    karter

I met some thoroughly decent C.O's and their wives and some that were shell we say not so decent.

The one that sticks out in my mind as being the BIGGEST A.H is Hans Hubler famous for stopping his talks and asking the attendents to remove

a crying baby.

The biggest brown noses when the C.O came around were the Bro's trying to move up the ladder....Oh and their wives.

Karter.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

One CO when he was leaving the circuit, the Cong. threw him and his wife a huge going away party, they rent this huge community center type building, it was ridiculous and you wouldn't believe all the money the JW's were giving them. It made me sick!!!!!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Rattigan and 144001

I see you two had some backbone when dealing with those A**hole CO's, when most of the congregation was trying to do what the pic above from Finkelstein is doing

• Think About It
    Think About It
    "You and your wife, get the f&ck out of our house."

So funny. LOL

I would love to hear what the CO and his wife were doing during lunch that made you finally say this to them.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The COs I saw were definite bosses. Some were more controlling than others. One even threatened me that I would be sorry if I ever go against him.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I was still an elder, and by now had had enough of the JW religion bullshit. My last discussion with a CO ended up with him telling me that I can't talk to him like I was, because he was the CO. This guy had no problem accepting my resignation.

• Mum
    Mum

One of my non-JW relatives noticed the way everybody perked up when the CO was around. She said something to the effect that "They say nobody gets special treatment, and they don't have a special clergy class, but I notice everybody snaps into high gear and gets very servile when that Circuit Servant comes around."

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, whenever I would attend the meetings during the circuit overseer's visit, I noticed that the volume and sense of excitement in the KH was always twice as high as normal. They would laugh at his jokes--hey, I found some of them funny, but sometimes the humor just doesn't merit the level of laughter that often comes out of people at the meetings, I mean, really.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how they were treated. I mean...I didn't really get to know most of them. A fellow JW actually boasted about my having graduated college while the CO was in the car. I admit I probably wanted to hide in a hole somewhere, but the CO was at least decent enough not to say anything derisive about that.

My experiences with them were generally limited but pleasant enough. I think they were more...dubious when giving talks at the assembly, where they had to spout the more extreme statements that usually aren't said at local meetings.

--sd-7

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

OMG- CO's are treated like Gods.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

The current dude is a snake. He was actually giving me the evil eye at his last visit when he was talking about "obey, no questions asked.." Before that, best CO I ever had, even after 30+ years in the states. This guy (Pawel P) and his wife were the real thing. Very warm, nothing fake.

Worst case I remember from states: CO needed new car. No problem, except he wanted a new Mercedes. He got it. And then, promptly quit the circuit work to sell vitamins/health care. Somehow he went from Brother Lett, to Doctor Lett. Central Florida, early 80's? I think he got arrested at some point. He gave great talks, but didn't do the walk.

I also remember many of the Elders in Frederick MD complaining about one CO that pressured them into supporting his MLM business selling some type of telecom service. Did not go down well....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit