CO's public talk is a 25min DVD

by BroMac 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BroMac
    BroMac

We translate into ALL these languages. Even the ones that may seem small, like the Blackfoot native American. And when we go and take the message to them they just cant believe this is in their mother tongue. We also dress like them with native / cowboy neck ties, we shake hands with everybody we see, and not a suit in sight until we get interviewed in the KH. We also send hot young native sisters to their doors. Jehovah really cares for them because it is their mother tongue.

Quick zoom round the globe to Rwanda.

Guy Pierce is really happy to say that the GB is pleased to announce the release of the NWT Bible in Rwandan language ! no longer will we have to read the bible in french but our mother tongue. One brother in the translation department tells us that bibles in the Rwandan language are very expensive so some families have one or none but Jehovahs organisation will provide ALL with a RwandN bible. Cue video of passing bibles down the line."I was so happy I wanted to stand up and shout my appreciation, but I could not do that in the talk!" (congregation laughs).Quick zoom round the globe to Equador.Here lots of American brothers have come to.serve where the need is great and learned the language. some congregations have 1 elder or no elders, so there i a need here.."We moved our family here. I dont need to work as much because the economy here is eSier than the US, but we can still live reasonbly ok but we can serve Jehovah soooo much more". Even our daugbter is progressing in the truth. yes she is really comi.g along now.

Daugbter says that there is so many studies here and calls, and people really want to learn about Jehovah.

am crying, thanking Jehovahs organisation"

• BroMac
    BroMac

sorry, its a bit messed up. my phone keyboard doesnt like the posting box

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Great. We get the CO week after next, so thanks for the heads up on this one. I wonder if he'll show it to us? More propaganda about how great the Organisation is and how we should be grateful to be in it?

• BroMac
    BroMac

its so faith strengthening the nearest we get to the 1billion plus chinese in China is by calling on those who live in the U.S.

"(HOUSEHOLDER IN CHINESE) "WHAT THE HELL YOU DO ON MY PORCH?" "Nehow Sir" grabs the Good News To All Nations book and hands it to the Chinese guy. Next the brother is really keen and goes on JW.ORG™ and PRINTS - What Does The Bible Really Teach, and makes a RV on the chinese guy. This brother is real good, next he fills out a Yellow slip at the KH and takes it to the Multi Language Coordinator.

That's just 1 chinese guy. There is another Billion+ in China, but we wont mention them. they have "Community Responsibility"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

yeah, just saw that recently, during the week he gave a talk on the many stumbling blocks we have to overcome. funny he did'nt mention failed propheccies and short sighted council as one of them.

• sir82
    sir82

So if the public talk is just a video presentation, what's to stop them from replacing all the CO talks with videos?

Shoot - why bother having the CO visit at all?

Maybe they will be phasing out the COs eventually after all, or at least reducing them, as speculated on this site in the past, to weekend visits by a local "super-elder" who will provide reports back to "mother".

Makes sense - cuts expenses, cuts liability.

• clarity
    clarity

O M G O M D

• BroMac
    BroMac

must not forget that we all spoke the same language until they started building the eiffel tower of babel. if jehovah had not done that we would have had nuclear bombs.much.much sooner. its true

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Is this the same all across the globe? I had to watch this today, too. And of course the concluding talk was basically "WE NEED MONEY TO DO THIS TRANSLATING WORK!!!!" The Blackfoot part was from southern Alberta, showing the tract tailored to Native Canadians (and Native Americans too I guess?) titled "There is a Creator" or something like that. Geoffrey Jackson was the narrator.

Also, they kept mentioning "there are over 6,700 languages spoken" and yet JW's only translate into something like 600 I think it said? Long ways to go yet...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just saw this video myself. . .

I must admit, the quality of the DVD was quite good ( projected onto the screen with the wt approved dell projector).

The scope of the translating work is impressive, in fact, it was probably one of the "facts" that led me to believe this was gods org to begin with. . .

Unfortunately, if what you're printing is complete bullshit, it doesn't matter what language you print it in - it's still bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit